Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Hi Everyone  (Read 1010 times)

Amanda Browne

Hi Everyone
« on: February 12, 2018, 01:55:57 PM »

Hi All

Just had my first set of bloods back from GP and I am told that I am officially in the post menopause range having gone through the last 3-4 years of all of the usual symptoms. The question that I now need to debate is whether to take the plunge in the world of HRT. My GP actually recommended this website and I can now see why she did the information is second to none.

The symptoms that affect me the most are libido and vaginal dryness and whilst I have a very sympathetic husband I do want to try and improve this aspect moving forward. My GP has asked me to go away and do some research on HRT and has highlighted Vagifem in the first instance so wanted to know if this is something any of you have tried ?

:-*

Daisydot

Re: Hi Everyone
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2018, 05:24:51 PM »

Hi Beaubelle and big welcome to you.
I'm 60 and recently restarted hrt after a 5 year absence due to gp stopping it.big mistake I shouldn't have listened to him.
Vagifem us excellent I've been using it around a month now it's an individually wrapped applicator with a small tablet in it to use then dump,no washing etc much better and not as messy as cream.
I'm also on 2 pumps of Oestrogel daily it's transdermal so kinder with less risks and easy to use I found I was getting dips with the patches so ok for two days then not feeling so good till I put new patch on so obviously wasn't getting a consistent supply that's why I changed to the gel method.
Libido has been gone for a few years now but there's more than one way to skin a cat lol.im hoping the Oestrogel may help eventually as it's early days yet,in my case the fear of pain or tearing doesn't help.
They're will be other ladies more knowledgeable than me will come along and give you great advice so just be patient and keep posting and enjoying.good luck you have a very good gp lucky you treasure her lol.xx

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2018, 05:38:40 PM »

Hi Beaubelle.

When was your last period?.

I agree with Daisydot that Vagifem is excellent for vaginal symptoms and helps keep the bladder comfy too.

Taz x  :welcomemm:

Lanzalover

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2018, 07:30:17 PM »

Hi Beaubelle

:welcomemm:

I agree Vagifem is excellent for vaginal and bladder symptoms do give it try.

Lanzalover

Mary G

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2018, 07:31:24 PM »

I would say take the plunge into HRT without a shadow of doubt.  Like Daisydot, patches didn't work for me (I didn't like wearing them either) and I use Oestrogel (you rub it on your skin) and testosterone and this combination is the best I have tried so far.  If you still have a womb you will need to find a progesterone to use alongside and what you choose will depend on how well you tolerate it.  If you have ever used the contraceptive pill or had a Mirena coil this will indicate how well you are likely to get on with it. 

Have a look at the treatment section and see if there is anything you like the look of.

Please don't be scared of HRT, it gave me my life back.