Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Ustrogen and estroderm bleed after 15 yrs  (Read 2276 times)

Butterfly22

Ustrogen and estroderm bleed after 15 yrs
« on: February 09, 2018, 02:41:17 PM »

After, not been on for a while as been feeling bit run down and one thing after another but just before Xmas I started on the patch estraderm mx75 and taking 100 ustrogen days 1-14

Well I've had very slight show of a bleed, and not had a period for 15 years due to early menopause, I've taken every HRT in the past and even ones where I'm suppose to get a bleed it's never happened.
I'm also getting horrible cramp, I had endrometrosis before the menopause and I'm wanting to no what's going on really.
Is this normal or a good sign?
Will this happen each month?
Could the endrometrosis return?
I'm just confused I no there is info on bleeding but my case is a bit different as started meno 19 yrs ago
Thanks xxx

Dancinggirl

Re: Ustrogen and estroderm bleed after 15 yrs
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2018, 04:30:31 PM »

Hi Butterfly

You are using a sequential regime so a bleed would be normal, a day or two after finishing the Utrogestan phase.
You are on quite a high dose of oestrogen so, even though you haven't had any bleeding before, your womb lining may well have built enough to give a bleed. I had a premature meno but always had a bleed each month with any sequential HRT regime, even when I was over 20 years into post meno.  I can only imagine you were never on enough oestrogen before to build your womb lining and give a bleed !?  I'm afraid I had nasty period cramps when I tried Utrogestan.  Why are you using such a high dose of oestrogen ?  DG x

Butterfly22

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2018, 04:39:28 PM »

Hi thank you for reply, I'm a bit confused (doesn't take much) as if I have not been on enough estrogen and not had a bleed but now am having a bleed would this suggest the dose is right for me?
I started with angeliq and patch but wasn't well and still had night sweats so stopped the tablet just before Xmas and upped the patch but only when I used three my night sweats stopped.

I'm using a 50 and 25 to try and wait to see if can lower it when a bit more settled but still getting sweaty of a night, not full on night sweats but making my pjs wet.

Xx

Dancinggirl

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2018, 06:23:13 PM »

It's fine to be on this higher dose of oestrogen if it's controlling your flushes. However, you are more likely to get a monthly bleed With this high dose of oestrogen.
  If you want an easy non Bleed HRT regime, then you could have a Mirena fitted and you can then use as much oestrogen as you need.
Angelique is a continuous HRT so is a non bleed HRT regime and this is why you didn't have a bleed. You are now using a sequential regime so should get a withdrawal bleed each month after finishing the Utrogestan phase. DG x

Butterfly22

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2018, 07:24:55 PM »

Thank you for explaining, it's just such a nightmare.
I did have the coil yrs ago but found it really painful.
I'll give this a few months see if I settle, may
Hopefully be able to reduce it who knows.
Thank you for your help xxx

Hurdity

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2018, 07:44:05 PM »

Hi Butterfly98 - good to hear from you but sorry you're still not sorted. With endometriosis it is usually advised to have progesterone continuously as there is a chance it could return when used cyclically. Do you know where the deposits are/were and can you ask the doc to monitor them? Here is it what it says on this website about endometriosis:

Endometriosis   
    There is a small risk of reactivation of endometriosis with HRT use and any recurrence of symptoms should be reported. If a hysterectomy has been performed for endometriosis, the choice of HRT use thereafter should be influenced by the extent of endometriosis at the time of the operation. Since hysterectomy often causes a premature menopause, it is often advised to take HRT until the average age of the menopause; 51 years. HRT after hysterectomy usually consists of estrogen only. However, in the presence of endometriosis, estrogen may cause stimulation of residual deposits and consideration should be given to using continuous combined (estrogen plus daily progestogen) therapy, or tibolone, though little research has been done on the effect of different types and duration of therapy. Medical treatment of endometriosis often involves ovarian suppression which, along with ovarian removal, may increase the risk of osteoporosis.

As Dancinggirl says - the dose at which your flushes and sweats are eliminated should be the minimum oestrogen dose you take - provided everything else is OK. Have you had other checks recently eg re blood sugar and thyroid etc as sweats can be caused by other things sometimes?

Hurdity x

Butterfly22

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2018, 07:55:55 PM »

Hi Hurdity ah thank you,
I've no idea about my endrometrosis, they only found out at 21 when I had a laporscopy and then was just put on a load of pain killers from the hospital.
I'm not sure the info would still be around as moved around so much, I could check with the doctor though.
I've not had any bloods done over the last year so may be worth checking.
The doctor said to give this until March until I go back so trying to stick with it, just having a slight show freaked me out and then getting cramps I was thinking about my endrometrosis.
Thank you a few things to think about.
So would you say from what I've said the oestrogen dose may be suited to me xx

Hurdity

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2018, 08:05:33 PM »

I'm a bit confused about what dose you are actually on - when you say only when you used 3 your night sweats stopped. Do you mean 3 x 25 mcg all stuck on? If this dose has stopped your sweats then yes it's right for you - in terms of sweats, but as you say if you had endo in the past then you need to keep an eye on it. Can you speak to your doc and say that this dose of oestrogen is working for you but you are worried about the endo due to your history and can this be scanned or can you get a referral? As Dancinggirl says presumably you didn't get a bleed before because you were taking plenty of prog in relation to oestrogen to protect the lining, but now you've increased the oestrogen you're getting a bit of a bleed. Are you taking the utro vaginally? if not you just need to monitor carefully as that is less than the licensed amount of prog (ie 100 mg) - but many women are fine with it.

Hurdity x

Butterfly22

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2018, 08:52:22 PM »

Sorry yes as was over Xmas I only had the 25 patches so tried two and still had sweats so stick another in and it helped over night.
I've now got a 50 and 25 as was hoping to lower it but maybe the 75 is right for me.
I did think is it the right progesterone amount I'll have a word when I'm back at the doctors, just did not want to go and ask the questions I could ask on here and luckily feel a better too so thank you both for your help xxxx