Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Shingles  (Read 13558 times)

jaycee

Re: Shingles
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2018, 08:54:59 PM »

Thank you for asking,i feel much better, just a bit of pain under ribs, but not too bad, mainly feel more tired than usual,the weaker gabapentin are much better, taking them 3 times a day, and no dizziness
I think i have been lucky,and had it quite mildly,
My sister is having really bad pains that feel like shingles pain, shes had it twice,her Dr just keeps giving her stuff to rub in and co codamol which isnt doing any good at all
I have suggested she asks him about the pain that can carry on after having shingles
I am still numb by the way,it feels very weird, i am still using the chickenpox spray ,although the rash is very faint now

PS,was going to write update on my partners prostate.but can find my post, any idea where  it might be ?
« Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 08:57:42 PM by jaycee »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2018, 01:07:31 PM »

I'll have a look for you

jaycee

« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2018, 10:33:27 AM »

Thank you, found it now x

CLKD

« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2018, 11:17:23 AM »

Good, it worked  ;) - we make a Good Team, thee and me  :D

Grumpy girl

« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2018, 06:28:34 PM »

Pleased to hear that your feeling better jaycee, I had to go to the Doctors today because of a tender and sore crop of spots that have broken out on my side - turns out I have shingles.  :(  He's started me on a course of antiviral tablets and at the moment I'm sitting here with a hot water bottle on my back to try and stop the stinging pain.

The dr hold me that I could go back to work as soon as the spots have dried up, hopefully by Monday as I  really can't afford to be off work too long. 

CLKD

« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2018, 07:02:38 PM »

Oh poor you!  Take some pain relief too! and do NOT hurry back to work.  This can be very tiring.

jaycee

« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2018, 09:44:03 AM »

*Grumpyfrancis* so sorry you have also got shingles, the rash does itch but stings too, and i have gone numb, all around that area, i dont know if it ever goes away but feels very weird, i had a lot of pain around and under my ribs, i got a spray called virasoothe from the chemist,recommended by someone on MM, they have a gel too, but the spray lasts a lot longer
My Dr recommended calamine ,which you can also get in a cream, so not as messy, but i found the spray a lot better,it it says for children with chickenpox, i really thought it was marvellous
I hope you dont have it for very long,
If you have got antivirals early enough it helps
I just have very faint pink marks now where the rash was,i think i had it very mildly , compared to some prople i know who have had it
Please keep us updated on how you are
*CLKD*yes we do thank you

Grumpy girl

« Reply #37 on: March 02, 2018, 05:09:31 PM »

To update, Well it's still very sore and has spread from the middle around to the front and back on the left side and feels very painful, I'm sitting with a hot water bottle as I type this up.  :'( This is the third day of taking the antivials since noticing the crop of spots but it's really spread now. I'm having to take Ibuprofin during the night and every three or four hours during the day and I find that this helps a lot. Don't feel ill just a bit under the weather.

Can I just ask, I was recommended from the pharmacy to buy some Aqueous Calamine Cream,  which I have done. Should I wait until the spots dry up first before applying it?

The doctor seemed to think that I could return to work on Monday. I'm not so sure the spots would have dried up by then as I' m still finding new one's.

CLKD

« Reply #38 on: March 02, 2018, 07:41:56 PM »

Don't hurry back!  Shingles can be tiring.

jaycee

« Reply #39 on: March 02, 2018, 10:51:32 PM »

Poor you,sounds much worse than mine was, and as far as i know you are still contagious until the blisters dry out
I got the Aqeous calamine you can use it now, but i found the virasoothe spray more soothing, and it is especially for that kind of rash. and lasts ages, all through my episode
I dont think you will fit for work on monday,i didnt feel ill as such but very tired
 Dr has given me Gabapentin for pain relief, but gave ne 3oo nmg which made me dizzy so now got 100mg, much better
The pain came after the blisters had dried up.take it easy,

jaycee

« Reply #40 on: March 20, 2018, 06:37:52 PM »

*Grumpface* i have been thinking about you and wondering how you are,sounded much worse then mine was
I hope you are feeling better, and also if you managed to go back to work as soon as you hoped

Grumpy girl

« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2018, 07:56:27 PM »

Thanks for asking about me jaycee. I'm back at work this week. I had to take the third week as holiday as I  don't get company sick pay. It's been three weeks to the day, the pain has subsided and it's quite sore, but oh the itching! :-\ I do find that a cold flannel helps as well as the Aqueous calamine cream.
I do feel tired though. I don't think that work wanted me back in a hurry. I'm not allowed anywhere near the kitchen or scanner 'just in case' I pass anything on a colleague as she's expecting a baby Not a nice feeling. :'(

dangermouse

« Reply #42 on: March 24, 2018, 08:50:59 PM »

Have a Google at Shingles and homeopathy. A homeopath was on TV last week and said that homeopathy is very effective at treating shingles, particularly as western medicine can't treat it so worth a go!

New research will apparently be revealed soon.

jaycee

« Reply #43 on: March 25, 2018, 10:20:17 AM »

*Grumpyface* i am not surprised to hear you were off work longer than you thought you would be
I hope you are feeling better, i thouht i had mentioned what i used from the chemist for the itching,its Virasooth,its what is used for chickenpox in children, but good for shingles too, the spray is better than the gel, but really soothes the itching,and it lasted me all the way through
Strangely i am itching again at the site where i had the shingles,hope its not coming back
Please keep us updated,
I am still feeling tired, not sure if its till from the shibles, but keep dozing off, if i sit too long

CLKD

« Reply #44 on: March 25, 2018, 04:01:52 PM »

Western Medicine certainly CAN treat shingles  >:(  ??? - there is a medication that if given within 72 hours of the rash appearing, helps enormously!!!!  Who was this homeopath .......... research by whom and funded by ?

The affected nerve can continue to be troublesome.  I have a friend who underwent chemo therapy in the early 1970s and she had shingles several times along different routes, even now when tired or poorly she has trouble with various nerves. 
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4