Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Estalis patches no longer available! Also Estradot  (Read 1553 times)

Belladonna

Estalis patches no longer available! Also Estradot
« on: February 10, 2018, 05:12:28 PM »

Does anyone know anything about the stop in the manufacturing of Estalis patches? I haven't been able to get them since November and the pharmacies have kept promising that they will be back in stock soon, giving me one date after another. But now they say that they actually have no idea when Estalis will be available again! And there are no substitutes because they are all out of stock too. There's not a single hormone patch to be found in the entire country, I've checked. :(

I am now out of patches and spoke to my doctor about it. She confirmed that Estalis is now impossible to get and that Estradot is rapidly disappearing from the market too!

I have been on Estalis 50/250 and Estradot 75. I got a prescription for pills instead and I'm very concerned about this switch. I have absorption issues and haven't done well with pills before. How do I know I'm getting the same dosage into my system?

Mary G

Re: Estalis patches no longer available! Also Estradot
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2018, 06:46:30 PM »

If you are worried about absorption levels then why not try Oestrogel?  It is very easily absorbed and very flexible too meaning you easily control the dose.

It sounds like the NHS might be trying to phase out certain patches. 

donnacrichton

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2018, 06:57:49 PM »

If you get your pharmacist to phone the supplier of estradot they will send you enough for 1 person. I have had to do this for over a year. If your pharmacist won't try another one.  They seem to send it out to smaller businesses  x

wombat62

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2018, 11:42:04 PM »

Hi there

Which country are you in? There has been problems in many countries, Estalis been in short supply in Australia for over a year but has now resolved (for the time being!). They kept saying it was a manufacturing problem, the chemist would get a few boxes in and then nothing for a couple of months.

Whilst it was in short supply the chemist said to me he had a lot of unhappy meno ladies at his door! Then of course there was a shortage of all the other oestrogen patches and some pills.

It's a bit off when there isn't an alternative, we only have the one combined one here. Patches are better for your health so it's doubly annoying that then they are making you take a pill which has to go through your liver... >:(

Maybe call the manufacturer and give them an earful?

The other alternative is do go to one of the online chemists (Canada?) where you have a phone consult with a doc and then they do the prescription for you and mail from their mega pharmacies.

donnacrichton

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2018, 12:29:44 AM »

I am in UK and our supply has got a but better over the last few weeks. We phoned the manufacturer direct and they were very helpful. Good luck it is worth a try before switching x