Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Testosterone  (Read 4407 times)

Noheroicsplease

Re: Testosterone
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2018, 08:47:28 PM »

Hurdity, what were your other symptoms as well as libido?

Heidi1

« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2018, 09:06:23 PM »

I've also just been prescribed Tostran 2% gel (10mg pump every second day).  I'm 11 weeks post total hysterectomy and oopherectomy. Been on Evorel 75mg Oestrogen  patches for about 9 weeks now. Had bloods done about 3 weeks ago which showed I'm in full blown surgical menopause! (Oestrogen was below the lowest threshold).  I have more bloods due in 3 weeks. I've had the worst menopause symptoms (and some less common ones too). I'm not getting flushes anymore- but my anxiety levels (including chest pains and breathlessness) keep coming and going every few days. I'm going through one now and just not sure how I'm going to sleep- also getting blocked ears and sinuses (which my be an estradiol side effect and/or a menopause symptom). But my query is whether or not the testosterone gel will help with these awful anxiety symptoms? I was talking Zolpidem sleeping tablets- but my worst anxiety seems to happen within a few days of taking them - so I'm not sure whether they aggravate it. I'm hoping the testosterone might help. Any advice? x

Annie0710

« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2018, 12:25:52 AM »

I use Tostran, one pump daily and it's really helped my wellbeing and social anxiety.  X

Heidi1

« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2018, 12:50:27 AM »

Thank you so much Annie. I see you are on Oestrogen gel. I'm on 75mg patches (for about 9 weeks now)?but seem to be waiting so long for the Oestrogen to build up in my system (I was full blown surgical menopausal 3 weeks ago). Do you find gel better than patches / or are you on patches and gel? Just want to feel normal again.

Annie0710

« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2018, 08:50:31 AM »

I'm much happier with the oestrogel.  I didn't like the idea (laziness) of daily gel application, waiting for it to dry etc but now it's part of my morning routine.   Oestrogel on, testosterone gel on, vagifem up.  Wait 10 mins playing on my phone then ready to get dressed

Plus with gel you can be your own manager of dose x
Pages: 1 [2]