Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: Really Scared, ''Atrophy - Cant take Estrogen - lots of Bladder Pain''  (Read 20125 times)

Joy55

Re: Really Scared, ''Atrophy - Cant take Estrogen - lots of Bladder Pain''
« Reply #75 on: February 07, 2018, 09:56:30 PM »

I did a search for it, but seems no one in this forum has used it.... Strange to see that :(

Conolly

« Reply #76 on: February 07, 2018, 11:14:49 PM »

Hello Joy55,

I'm a bit confused... what happened to the Klebsiella diagnosis? Clindamycin is ok for BV but not for Klebsiella infection.

I've read about a 100 mg Clindamycin ovule to be used intravaginally for only 3 days. Maybe that would cause less upset to your guts?

I have no personal experience with this. Hopefully someone will come along soon.

How are you feeling regarding pain and anxiety?

Conolly X

Joy55

« Reply #77 on: February 10, 2018, 02:38:31 AM »

Hi Conolly,

I'm being teated a second round of antibiotics for the Klebsiella diagnosis, apparently the Keflex was not strong enough or something because my most recent culture that came in yesterday shows I still have it so now Im on Cefdirin 300 twice a day ans suppose to be on Clindamycin for the BV my PCP diagnosed this week from a vaginal swab test. But I cant start the Clindamycin until all my upcoming appts are done, Clindamycin makes me very sick and unable to drive for a week or more. She never prescribes the ovule, its always the 7 day cream.

Anxiety is still a mess and pain comes n goes, as it always has... Nothing has changed as of yet.

I have a GI now but he cant see me till April 4th, so he's asked my PCP to evaluate me and then he will instruct her on how to care for this IBS pain until he can see me. He said he did not want me in pain any longer than I have already been.

First doctor so far with a bit of compassion.

Joy55

« Reply #78 on: February 25, 2018, 03:42:04 PM »

Hello everyone, Ive not forgotten you all. :bouncing:

Urologist kidney ultra scan results came back all good, I dont meet with him till March 9th to discuss everything, So had a brief call from his nurse regarding my scan results....

Evaluation with my PCP for the GI that I cant see till April, she sent in the evaluation and so far all are under assumption now until the GI can actually test me is I have IBS C & D. A stool test was done and all came back negative for bacteria in that. At the present time PCP has me on Bentyl twice a day for the IBS pain and of course a soft bland diet.... the Bentyl helps but it does not eliminate it completely.

On March 8th I am scheduled for a pelvic scan for my GYN, a 'BMC Ultrasound with Ultrasound A CHI'' ad I need to go to the lab one day this week for Hormone level panel test.

I have a question for anyone that can answer it please?  Is it possible to have uterine tumors 8 years later after menopause? If so, would a ''BMC Ultrasound with Ultrasound A CHI'' show uterine fibroid's?

I had uterine fibroid tumors when I was 54, they removed them without anesthesia in the doctors office exam room, the procedure, I called it was a DNC but the doctor had another name for it. Regardless it was very painful and I cried thru it all, screamed a few times if memory serves me right, felt like she was pulling my uterus out of me, I will never forget that procedure and pray I never have to have it done again without anesthesia ..

So thats all I have to report at this time.... Still a waiting game till all these tests are done. :-\

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #79 on: February 26, 2018, 01:16:53 PM »

Let us know!

Conolly

« Reply #80 on: February 27, 2018, 06:32:36 PM »

Hello Joy55,

Thanks for the update, it's good to know you're in a better place even if things are not great yet.

I've no idea what BMC Ultrasound with Ultrasound A CHI means...

Uterine fibroids removed without anaesthesia? Are you sure? Most procedures require at least local anaesthetics https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/fibroids/treatment/

Maybe you had a cervical polypectomy instead? http://www.ouh.nhs.uk/patient-guide/leaflets/files/12806Ppolyp.pdf

Pain is very common in IBS, but I don't think the UTI's are related.

Hope you feel better soon.

Keep us posted.

Conolly X

Joy55

« Reply #81 on: March 13, 2018, 11:16:06 PM »

Just a brief update:

Urologist did blood, urine and kidney scans. All tests turned out to be normal. He has released me as his patient unless I have more urinary issues. All my pain is intestinal and not bladder, so I now have an appt April 4th for IBS help.

My regimen too avoid estrogen and the side effects,  I started using Rephresh vaginal moisturizer , it is ph balanced and I've not had an infection for over a month now (certainly dont want to jinx myself so I'm not bragging, but hoping this will be my answer to ending the infections for good) Plus I am also taking probiotics daily and eating live culture yogurt as my nightly dessert. I also tried the organic coconut oil as a moisturizer but it did not relieve the dryness nor occasional itching I would experience, but the Rephresh takes care of it all and best part is no side effects or infections. Its OTC in the U.S. its pricey, $16.00 a box with only 4 applications in it that you use every 3 days, so to last me a month I'm spending $30.00 plus a month. Ive asked my GYN if she can possibly have this made into a prescription for me but she says she cant :\

Now for the GYN:
Had the Hormone blood panel done and my gyn ordered another pelvic scan. I already have the results to both... I dont understand a thing the Hormone Panel says but on the pelvic scan I read the ovary cyst is no longer simple but is now complex.

I discuss all this stuff with my GYN in 2 days, Its times like this I wish I had some medical knowledge under my belt to understand all the results.

So as of right now this is all I have to report....I will update after my GYN meeting in 2 days.... :cheer:

CLKD

« Reply #82 on: March 14, 2018, 12:29:16 PM »

How do you feel generally?

Conolly

« Reply #83 on: March 14, 2018, 06:17:46 PM »

Hello Joy55,

Thank you for the update, it seems things are being properly addressed now, that's good news.

Maybe your complex cyst is the culprit after all. Fingers crossed for your Gyn appt.

Conolly X

Joy55

« Reply #84 on: March 16, 2018, 12:09:17 PM »

UPDATE:

Saw my GYN yesterday and Im scheduled April 2nd for removal of the left ovary with the cyst that has now went from a simple cyst to a complex cyst, this concerns because ovarian cancer is in my family history (my maternal grand mother) my doctor is also doing a  Hysteroscopy and a D&C at the same time while under anesthesia. 

I'm curious if anyone had any new problems develop after the removal of an ovary?

I read so much online of issues that happen  to some when an ovary is removed that I no longer know what to believe, such as heart palpitation, chest pain, joint pain, etc etc... My gyn seemed surprised to hear all this when I asked her about it yesterday and according to her I should not even notice it is gone....

Also I did find out yesterday from her that we do indeed have an estrogen gel here that can be applied to the inner thighs. So if it gets to this point for me at least I have another alternative now.

LAC1969

« Reply #85 on: March 16, 2018, 12:56:46 PM »

So sorry to hear you are feeling so much worry and anxiety. Although I don't have any first hand experience of the symptoms you describe I do know about anxiety, but panic and fear around these 'medical concerns'.

I'm not a practitioner but I find the Dr Bach individual flower essences invaluable. They really work for me. It's very easy to read a little about them- and as you recognise yourself and the way you feel against each of the remedies you can select the ones you think you need. I really would recommend going to the Dr Bach website. I'd say gorse and mimulus will help you now. Maybe rock Rose?

Don't mean to sound like an evangelical hippy but these are worth a try for sure. They help you cope and restore balance and perspective.

I really do wish you well.  :)

CLKD

« Reply #86 on: March 16, 2018, 06:57:12 PM »

"Rescue Remedy" mouth spray might be worth trying.

Why didn't the Consultant talk through what might happen  :-\

Joy55

« Reply #87 on: March 17, 2018, 03:18:42 PM »

CLKD, I'm not understanding your question regarding why the consultant did not talk through what may happen?

Also what is ''"Rescue Remedy"?   What purpose would it serve for a complex cyst on an ovary?

Conolly

« Reply #88 on: March 17, 2018, 03:42:27 PM »

Hello Joy55,

My sister was diagnosed with cysts and during surgery the docs have found both ovaries needed to be removed. She also had her womb removed. She's on Estrogel and had no other issues.

I don't know if a complex cyst could be related to cancer. I hope not.

Keep us posted!

Conolly X

CLKD

« Reply #89 on: March 17, 2018, 06:48:04 PM »

:-\. "Saw my GYN yesterday and Im scheduled April 2nd for removal of the left ovary with the cyst that has now went from a simple cyst to a complex cyst, this concerns because ovarian cancer is in my family history (my maternal grand mother) my doctor is also doing a  Hysteroscopy and a D&C at the same time while under anesthesia. 

"I'm curious if anyone had any new problems develop after the removal of an ovary?  ..... "   

Your GYN should have discussed the pros and cons of such surgery!  You shouldn't need to ask.

Rescue Remedy can ease anxiety symptoms.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8