Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: Really Scared, ''Atrophy - Cant take Estrogen - lots of Bladder Pain''  (Read 21169 times)

Joy55

Re: Really Scared, ''Atrophy - Cant take Estrogen - lots of Bladder Pain''
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2018, 03:55:09 PM »

Hi CLKD,
          So far we have only had a few inches of snow, but usually for this area February is the hardest hit when it comes to snow.
I myself am hoping it does not snow at all! I'm not a winter person  :-\

Daisydot

« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2018, 04:11:04 PM »

Hi joy I can confirm that since I started the treatment for VA combined with the other steps I told you about I've had no Uti symptoms or problems for months.x

Joy55

« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2018, 04:33:17 PM »

Thanks Daisydot  :)
« Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 04:35:19 PM by Joy55 »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2018, 04:34:22 PM »

Because VA mimics repeated urine infection-type symptoms, it goes un-diagnosed by GPs as prescribing anti-biotics is easier.  Once I began pessaries (which have been withdrawn) followed by Ovestin 1mg, my symptoms went but if I lax on using the product, the irritable feelings in the bladder return ....... so yes, for Life!

Joy55

« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2018, 04:38:12 PM »

Thank you CLKD
May I ask once you started your treatment how long did it take to feel better and did you experience any side effects with your treatment?

CLKD

« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2018, 04:41:44 PM »

Oh it was easier within 5-6 days.  I continued as recommended with the 2 week nightly 'load', now I use the product every 4th and 6/7th night.  Unless the bladder gets irritated, when I use it every night, the regime works for me.    When the symptoms first began I would sit on the loo with a cuppa in one hand and barley water diluted in the other, so that the spincter could relax.  Keeping it tight increased symptoms. 

Joy55

« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2018, 05:06:57 PM »

Sorry CLKD, I don't understand what you mean by ''a cuppa in one hand and barley water diluted in the other, so that the spincter could relax.  Keeping it tight increased symptoms.''

CLKD

« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2018, 07:08:16 PM »

OK - English is different over there ...... a 'cuppa' is a hot cup of Rosie Lee which is Cockney Rhyming Slang for a cup of tea.  I don't have milk in my tea, black two sugars.

Barley water: is a squash which is diluted with cold or hot water.  It supposedly eases the digestive system from top to bottom.  Made I suppose from barley ........

So I was sitting on the loo, to allow the spincter to relax enough to allow wee to flow.  If I tried to tighten up, the need to pee would increase symptoms of pain and burning.  So I would be drinking a cuppa and barley water whilst sitting on the loo .........clear as mud  :D

Joy55

« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2018, 09:47:15 PM »

CLKD
Thank you for the explanation, so from what you said I am assuming you were having problems with urinating?

Thankfully thats one problem I don't have, I dont have frequency either that I have read some do.

If not for the bladder spasms I wouldnt have any issues in the bladder area at all.

I also have no burning as I have read on other's comments too, just a little itch every now and then, thats it!

The bladder spasms is the only thing that is causing me any type of pain at this time.

CLKD

« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2018, 12:36:39 PM »

Yep.  My bladder was so sore and irritated that sitting on the loo to relax and allow the urine to flow was the best way of getting any relief  ::).

Are the spasms you suffer as you empty the bladder or all the while?  If you have any itching, do try appropriate VA treatment  ;)

Joy55

« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2018, 12:45:29 PM »

Hi CLKD

My bladder pain doesnt happen when I urinate or feel the need to do so. The pain comes on gradually at any time or place, its starts out as cramping and then increased flatulence then full blown to spasms...

Up until this last blow up in the last 3 days I had found drinking baking soda & water helped a lot to stop the pain, but this last bout, it did not help at all.

Today is finally the day I've been waiting many months for, I see the urologist today and I'm praying he will have answers and help for me today.

Physically and emotionally I'm exhausted from it all.

CLKD

« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2018, 01:35:57 PM »

Of course you are weary.  Take a list with you  ;)

Let us know!

Joy55

« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2018, 02:04:11 PM »

at the moment I am so hungry yet scared to eat for fear it will bring on those horrific spasms.

It's horrible to live in fear and uncertainties as I have since this nightmare started for me 6 months ago.

I will update after my appt CLKD... and thanks again for all your help  :)

Joy55

« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2018, 09:40:57 PM »

Urologist was a joke and a total waste of time!
He didnt even examine me! The nurse did a bladder ultra sound to see if I had left over urine in my bladder after I urinated, none was found. Then some young student nurse came in to ask me questions, I told her all your questions can be answered in my medical reports, I can not lay here in pain and give you dates to when certain things happened. She said okay, glanced at the computer and left... Wasnt long Doctor came in, pressed around on my stomach and back, then told me they would call with the urine culture in about 2 days and scheduled me for an ultra sound on my kidneys and ovary, soonest appt they can get me is Feb 12th at 4pm.  Then they sent me on my merry little way!

I told him how much pain I am in and how bad it gets and he acted like he didnt even believe me or care! Wouldn't even tell me how to manage this horrid pain!
What is wrong with doctors now days?
So I guess Im suppose to just learn to live with this pain cause I'm certainly not getting any answers from them!

I am so disappointed and frustrated I could scream! >:(

Conolly

« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2018, 11:41:07 PM »

Hello Joy55,

I'm so sorry you are in such pain. I know nothing about bladder issues, just want to reassure you that the urologist is right asking for the tests but I agree he should have given you a strong pain killer prescription in the meantime.

See if this is of any help.

http://www.muschealth.org/urology/our-services/bladderhealth/healthinfo/interstitial-cystitis.html

Have you ever had any abdominal operation? Apart from the obvious stress that comes with the pain, are you under any other stressful situation?

I wish I could give you some useful information! I will meet a friend in about a week and he's a wonderful urologist. I will ask him about your situation and hopefully he will shed some light on this.

Have a look at that article regarding diet, stress, exercises and try to do your best until you have the test results.

My fingers are crossed for you.

Conolly X
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8