Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Magnets Vs Eleste Duet. The proof?  (Read 2839 times)

valb

Magnets Vs Eleste Duet. The proof?
« on: February 26, 2018, 06:53:00 AM »

Hi there, after waiting for a month over Christmas for a leading chemist chain to receive their stock of Elest duet, which ive never got on with (persistence says my GP, who is a man), I decided to try a Lady Care magnet. Purchased the “extra” as symptoms full blown. I've now been wearing my magnet for 6 weeks. There is a definite improvement on day and night sweats. Nothing else though. I still wake up several times a night and depending on that can be tired in the morning. Virginal dryness and itching (diagnosed by lovely lady GP as Lichens), and of course I wasn't expecting it to improve my erratic mentality! I'm 55, perimenapause started when I was 38 (hereditary), and full blown now for 15 years. What I'd really like to know, is this it? Will i suffer like this for the rest of my life? Is there a 3rd stage?  :'( :-\

Hurdity

Re: Magnets Vs Eleste Duet. The proof?
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2018, 08:33:42 AM »

Hi valb - I'm not sure what you are asking? If you are still experiencing menopausal symptoms maybe you need to try a different type of HRT. There is no scientific evidence that magnets work for menopausal symptoms other than placebo - but if that's working for you (placebo) and remains so then great - but a cheap magnet from a hardware store would do just as well! It doesn't, of course, replace oestrogen. Some women continue to experience menopausal symptoms for a very long time, and oestrogen deficiency is for ever - which can itself have long term health implications.

Hurdity x

Dancinggirl

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2018, 08:49:18 AM »

Ellest is not he best HRT anyway. Why not ask to try Femoston instead. You also need some local oestrogen for the the dryness- ask your GP for Vagifem. DG x

valb

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2018, 06:57:50 AM »

Thank you, I guess I'm just frustrated! I've been battling this for so long. My family think I'm barmy, and so do my collegues at work. So, menopause is affecting my brain. Yes, I would prefer to be on HRT. But after the withdrawal of (cant remember name) I was on and off for several years, I was put onto Eleste duet. Was on 1mg for a couple of years but didn't help symptoms. So put on 2mg, both 1mg and 2mg gave me Breakthrough bleeding (sometimes like a period) after 21 days and general bloating and the 2mg invoked very painful lumpy breasts. Ive always been eostrgen deficient and suspected Endometriosis (but never diagnosed). Eleste just brought all the Endo symptoms back. I'll ask about Femaston.

Dancinggirl

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2018, 08:55:40 AM »

I found the Mirena with seperate oestrogen (Oestrogel) was my best option post meno.
I didn't get any bleeding after the first few weeks and it gave the least negative side effects of any other HRT combo.
The Mirena is great for protecting the womb lining - I had awful cramps and problematic bleeding with any other HRT so the Mirena would be a good option for you and you could use as much oestrogen as you need to keep meno symptoms under control.
 DG x