Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Newbie and just been given Evorel Sequi.....advice please.  (Read 1131 times)

coansha

Newbie and just been given Evorel Sequi.....advice please.
« on: January 11, 2018, 02:29:58 PM »

HI LADIES AND THANKS FOR THE ADD
After trying to ignore my pirimenopause symptoms as was coping until 18 months ago, I decided enough and am giving the hrt a chance at improving things, as I'm about to get back into fitness(I'm 51)  after a year renovating and letting it slip....as have signed up for family team of tough mudder.
I'll try to keep it short( I'm a talker) but would really appreciate advice as saw gyno before Xmas and only just collected my prescription so forgotten most of his instructions ( no memory..there's a surprise) so here goes.
Usual list of symptoms, tired, forgetful, mood swings, poor sleep, dryness in my lady Garden which is also going through a drought action wise as still getting periods plus bleeding/shedding up to 10 days before it actually arrives, then heavy period for up to a week, which given my husband works on an oil rig means zero chance of any love in the afternoon. Probably more chance of a lottery win!
I know you should start wearing patch on first day of period but given the shedding would you start when full on bleeding begins?
Has anyone else had similar symptoms and have they improved, any other advice gratefully received, sorry if it's TMI but I need to get my life back...

Thanks again!

Bettythecat

Re: Newbie and just been given Evorel Sequi.....advice please.
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2018, 08:21:15 PM »

Hi Coansha
I'm 53 and also perimenopausal when I started Evorel Sequi 4 months ago. I wasn't given advice when to start it and just put the patch on as soon as I picked up the prescription. I think I was due a period because I had sore breasts and a bit of mild cramp. I started with the oestrogen only patch for 2 weeks and after just one week I had a light bleed. I carried on to the second 2 weeks on the combined patch and had sore breasts throughout. I had a period - quite heavy- after that and the breast pain went away. Second month similar with a period at the end of the 2 week combined patch. It was month 3 before I felt any real effect and like you it was memory, mood and libido which I suffered most with. These have gradually improved and I can honestly say I've felt calm and content since before Christmas! Of course I have still got angry about things but in a normal way if you know what I mean...
Now in month 4 I've stopped the painful breasts, and even posted about not having had a period in month 4. The helpful people here have reassured me that 15% of people don't bleed every month with this patch. So if you're like me you might just find that the afternoons start to get fun again 😏
I hope this helps. It would be good to swap updates on how we're getting on with this patch. But so far so good for me xx
P.s. don't freak out if you feel worse before you feel better. This was what happened to me but if you stick in there it will improve I hope.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 10:53:40 PM by Bettythecat »

Dancinggirl

Re: Newbie and just been given Evorel Sequi.....advice please.
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2018, 11:39:34 AM »

Hi and welcome to MM coansha

Bettythecat has given you some good feedback.  Do not expect things to improve immediately - the body has to adjust and settle. If you are still peri - so still getting erratic periods - then you own hormones will still be fluctuating in the background and may cause occasional side effects but as the HRT takes control things should be more stable.

Do get some vaginal moisturiser to help with the dryness of the ‘lady bits' - helps to keep things healthy as well. SYLK or the YES products are the best (buy these online) and if these are not enough and the systemic HRT doesn't improve things significantly, then ask the GP for some Vagifem local oestrogen pessaries as these are really good. 
Let us know how you get on.  DG x