Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Vagifem not really doing the trick  (Read 3666 times)

northwest1965

Re: Vagifem not really doing the trick
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2018, 04:24:45 PM »

Brill....will report back ;)

rita

« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2018, 11:43:57 PM »

Sorry I'm not sure how to start a new thread on here.?
Burning the midnight oil as too uncomfortable to sleep it's driving me cray I'm exhausted,!
Still on second lot of antibiotics but the burning at the front of virgina it so uncomfortable it's ruining my life, it seems worse at night too.
Urine samples came back ok the first had some blood. Have started using Estriol cream I had from a while back. ( it's still in date)
How long before it will work?
I'm desperate, sorry for ranting!
Can never get a docs appointment either.  :(

Daisydot

« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2018, 11:57:47 PM »

Hi roseclimber apart from Using the estriol cream vaginally for first 14 nights also smear it all over outside areas and labia,that should help and get one of those gel eye masks that you chill in the fridge and put between your legs that will help soothe you when it's burning like that,make sure your drinking plenty water if you can with a bit of lemon juice in it to reduce the acidity in your body.good luck xx

Brainless

« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2018, 06:53:47 AM »

Drinking a little bicarbonate of soda mixed into a glass of water can help make urine less acidic which might help

Optimist

« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2018, 06:04:15 PM »

Hi all just a quick question, do you have to check with gp if upping vagifem dose or can you just use it more? I was wondering if it would help if o took it every 2-3 nights (have been inserting half way and to front also following a post on here-defo helps urinary urgency!!). Really feel for you who are suffering with burning it really can't be pleasant 💐 xx

Annie0710

« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2018, 06:31:32 PM »

I didn't ask.  A gynae had prescribed double dose (4 a week) and I was still suffering and found ovestin too messy so tried vagifem every morning and it sorted my VA symptoms .  Gp has never questioned my prescription requests being more frequent x

Tinkerbell

« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2018, 07:18:06 PM »

I upped my dose to every day without asking doctor, although gynaecologist had written to GP saying that even using every day was only equal to two HRT tablets a year.
I did hit a problem earlier this year when my named GP refused to prescribe anymore for three months.
I promptly made an appointment with another doctor, who said he was happy to prescribe it for every day use if that's what I needed.

Joaniepat

« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2018, 07:59:28 PM »

Hi Optimist,

I told my GP that less than 5 a week didn't do much for me and he was fine with that; he knows the pessaries used to be 25 mcg, not 10 mcg as now, and commented that it is not an expensive drug so he is not bothered. He increased the number of boxes on my repeat prescription. Was told at the menopause clinic yesterday to use it daily, and that I can even shove in two if I feel it's necessary.

JP x

northwest1965

« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2018, 07:48:10 AM »

Hi Optimist,

I told my GP that less than 5 a week didn't do much for me and he was fine with that; he knows the pessaries used to be 25 mcg, not 10 mcg as now, and commented that it is not an expensive drug so he is not bothered. He increased the number of boxes on my repeat prescription. Was told at the menopause clinic yesterday to use it daily, and that I can even shove in two if I feel it's necessary.

JP x

How many do you get on prescription at a time?  :)

Optimist

« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2018, 08:37:44 AM »

Great thanks ladies x

Joaniepat

« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2018, 08:57:14 AM »

northwest1965, I get 3 boxes of Vagifem on repeat prescription.
JP x
Pages: 1 [2]