Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Very Confused  (Read 2499 times)

Mindfulmoomins

Re: Very Confused
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2017, 04:28:10 PM »

Hi,

Your story sounds very like mine. I have been on AD's for some years but things have been very well managed and I have felt well for years. I too exercise, eat well and have a very supportive husband, daughter and friends.

I started Evorel Sequi 4 months ago at 43 and at first it helped with my irritability, low mood, itchy skin, fatigue, aches and other peri symtpoms. After a few months however I started to feel really anxious, I stopped sleeping and had some frightening thoughts. I couldn't work either and I love my job even though it is stressful as it's a caring role.

I didn't link the two at first and couldn't understand why I was so anxious.

The Gp has prescribed Amytriptline which I take at night. This helps and I continue with my normal AD. I am also having cbt for anxiety and meditate daily.

It's been a pretty horrible and scary time and my heart goes out to you. I have now been prescribed ultrogestan and estrogel HRT wise which I think are both bio-identical. I am pretty scared about trying progesterone again but hope I will find this one ok.

There is loads of support here so do let us know how you are. Thinking of you and you are not alone. X

Louise2010

« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2017, 04:57:52 PM »

I hope the femostan helps you Beany. Make sure you let us know.
I know what you mean about the press on bio identicals but there's a Prof Studd (who treated Carol Vorderman successfully) who prescribes them.
It's all so blooming confusing. You'd think my now they'd have sorted out  some way of testing every woman to find out what exactly what type of hrt will be best for her.🤣
So Femostan, is that a tablet or patches?x

Louise2010

« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2017, 05:05:19 PM »

I'm sorry to hear that Mindfulmoomins. I total get the whole anxiety thing. This forum is a godsend!
I really hope your new hrt helps. Please let me know how you do.
I'm now thinking whether I should even try the new one I've been given and just go back and ask for ultrogestan and oestrogel too as the research I've done in here and the web suggests them worth a try.
I just wish I had a GP that really understood it all. She's lovely but it's not her specialty so I feel like I'm wasting time trying out similar things all the time. X
« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 05:07:09 PM by Louise2010 »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2017, 08:12:01 PM »

GPs are that: GPs - so shouldn't be loathe to send patients to see appropriate Consultants but sadly, that side of the NHS means it comes out f the Practice Budget. 

Beany12

« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2017, 08:23:09 PM »

It's femoston tablets 1/10 So the low dose and as a newby the first Dr I saw should have advised me to go with but unfortunately she was young and didn't know I think.  My only dilemma now is wether to start the pack on the oestrogen or pick up from the patch I just took off which was end if phase 1 I am due to go on to the progesterone phase. Leaflet says start after progesterone phase if akready on hrt and swapping to this one and with feeling so depressed at the moment not sure what I should do as can't afford more time off wor as not sure if it's the progesterone brining me down or not. The Dr didn't really say I just assumed I should go onto the progesterone phase then I read the leaflet  now confused as don't want to finish patches as too strong ::)
Beany x
Pages: 1 [2]