Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Here we go...  (Read 1718 times)

NickyB008

Here we go...
« on: December 01, 2017, 10:14:27 PM »

Hi all - just turned 45 and had my annual check up at the docs. Reeled off a list of issues (night sweats, hot flushes, lack of sleep, sciatica, pins and needles in hands)...
All symptoms point to the start of the menopause apart from the hands which is some RSI for good measure!
Nurse has directed me to this website for support - thanks for having me!

Daisydot

Re: Here we go...
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2017, 07:55:48 AM »

Welcome Nicky I hope you find the forum as friendly and helpful as I do xx

Kathleen

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2017, 10:03:59 AM »

Hello NickyB008 and welcome to the forum.

You have come to the right place for friendly help and advice. The forum has been a fabulous source of support for me during this difficult time and I'm sure it will be the same for you.

Take care.

K.

Dancinggirl

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2017, 10:19:15 AM »

Hi and welcome NickyB008

Read up all the factual info on this site to get really clued up - get back to us with questions - HRT is certainly worth giving a try as the benefits, for you, are going to be good for your long term health and could well give you the quality of life you need right now.  It can be a bit of trial and error before you find the right HRT and don't expect problems with any type of HRT before you try it -  there will always be some side effects with any treatment - we are all different so experience HRT differently, so you have to find the regime with the most benefits versus side effects. 
Firstly thing to do is to look at your lifestyle e.g. diet, exercise and relaxation - these are crucial as HRT can only do so much.   DG x

JaneinPen

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2017, 11:53:19 AM »

Welcome NickyB008. I hope you find it as helpful as I have since joining.  Doesn't matter how silly your questions sound they will get answered without judgement

Lanzalover

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2017, 03:56:28 PM »

Hi NickyB008

:welcomemm:

Lanzalover

NickyB008

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2017, 08:35:46 PM »

Thank you all!  As a cerazette user for 5 years or so, its a tough decision for me. Have had no periods for 5 years, apparently have to come off this to go on HRT...

Dandelion22

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2017, 05:56:56 PM »

HI, welcome to the forum, I have found it a great help whenever anything new happens to me.  You mentioned about pins and needles in your hands, I had this in the early stages of peri menopause and had all kinds of tests but nothing was found and after a spell of about 6 months it cleared up and has never come back.  It was really quite scary at the time as sometimes I was driving when it came on.  Yours may be RSI but you never know it could be just one of these symptoms we have.  I am nearly 55 and my periods are still regular, I'm hoping one day soon they just stop!