Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Is anyone taking Menopace Plus?  (Read 6720 times)

McCreadie1971

Is anyone taking Menopace Plus?
« on: December 07, 2017, 09:31:41 AM »

I'm new to this! My GP has said I'm pre menopausal even though she done no tests, she just went off the symptoms I've been having.  Im 46.

She advised hrt straight away but I've heard bad reviews so done a bit research and found Menopace Plus.

Can anyone let me know if they have used it and if it's any good?

Joaniepat

Re: Is anyone taking Menopace Plus?
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2017, 11:16:16 AM »

Hi, and welcome to the forum.

I don't think something like an otc supplement will really help with menopause symptoms. What do you think is so bad about HRT? After all, it is only replacing the hormones you can no longer produce naturally, and will help protect your bones, joints, heart and other tissues for the future.

Have a browse around on this site and look at the treatment options on the green banner at the top. You might like to let us know more about your symptoms, as there are many knowledgeable ladies on here.

JP x

McCreadie1971

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2017, 12:39:59 PM »

Thank You Joaniepat for your reply.

My symptoms are irregular periods, fatigue (Im a very regular gym goer and just cant be bothered at the moment), mood swings and irritated very quickly, heart palpitations, anxiety and tender breasts.

I just don't want to go down the hrt route - heard linked to cancer etc.

I'm currently taking Osteocare tablets to help protect my bones.

Dancinggirl

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2017, 05:34:59 PM »

McCreadie1971 - the scares about HRt have been largely discredited by all.  Do read up all the info on this site to get clued up.  Any real risks of HRT only kick in after the age of 60 if still using HRT and if you're healthy the risks are still very small even into our 60s.  The fact is, 5 years of HRT in our 50s will protect our heart and bones for the longer term - can have a protective effect against blower cancer and also urogential atrophy.  There are many benefits of HRT but some find the side effects bothersome - if you don't try it, you'll never know.  Keep an open mind.
Supplements won't reduce you symptoms - a good diet, lots of brisk walking and exercise and some relaxation techniques will.
DG x

Roseneath

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2017, 12:50:20 PM »

Hi. Don't touch the Menopace stuff. I took some for a few months and they messed with my liver function. Everyone in the medical profession I met told me to avoid them as you are never sure  what is in them and some stuff like Valarian can mess with liver enzymes.  I am 48 and in peri too... it is not an easy time but I find things like the anxiety do come and go. I have weeks when I feel fine then a few terrible nights sleep and a week when I am feeling terrible. I too want to avoid HRT as I don't get sweats and some GP have some it could be too high hormones which fuel the anxiety so some HRTs could make that worse not better.
I try and go down the exercise, stress reduction, keep busy route. (Have just joined a choir!)  The tip to eat little and often is a good one.
I have good weeks, bad days, then good weeks again. I take 1 x 40mg of proprananol (it is a beta blocker) for anxiety which I think helps as it counteracts the adrenaline. Hugs