Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Year from hell  (Read 2396 times)

helenmelon

Year from hell
« on: December 04, 2017, 10:04:24 PM »

Hi,new to the forum after a year from actual hell!!!

Started this peri nightmare with flushes that actually wet my hair as if I'd been swimming, crying,heavy periods that lasted a long time. Had UFE for fibroids in 2015 and my gynaecologist said no HRT!

Went to see my GP who found me
Crying out loud (very embarrassing for the other mainly male patients in the waiting room 😂 and that was because John Legend was on the radio!  As soon as she saw me
She said you need some HRT!
Just had a Hysteroscopy on Wednesday to check and then I will hopefully start HRT, something I never ever thought I'd consider.

This forum is a gift, just knowing that others feel as crap as me helps enormously. I'm sure this won't be my last post.

Daisydot

Re: Year from hell
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2017, 11:24:24 PM »

Welcome helenmelon.fingers crossed your GP is able to help you she sounds good xx

Lanzalover

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2017, 10:04:00 AM »

Hi helenmelon

:welcomemm:

Sorry to hear you have been feeling so awful . Hope you will get the help you need and start to feel better soon.
Let us know how you get on.

Lanzalover x

Kathleen

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2017, 10:08:18 AM »

Hello helenmelon and welcome to the forum.

I was found to have a small fibroid but was still able to take HRT, infact it shrunk and disappeared whilst using HRT so hopefully you won't have any problems.

This forum is a huge comfort for those of us in need of support so you have come to the right place.

Take care.

K.

dahliagirl

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2017, 10:38:11 AM »

:welcomemm: :hug:

helenmelon

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2017, 03:14:21 PM »

Thank you all for the welcome, it's just nice to know that I'm not completely mad !!

That's good to hear Kathleen, one male gynaecologist told me that my fibroids would definitely grow, but since been to a
Menopause clinic and spoken to two other gynaecologists who say it's always a possibility but unlikely especially as I've had uterine fibroid embolisation one of mine was 9cm which shrunk them dramatically.

Although been to docs today as I have terrible IBS pain (I hope that's what's it is, my meno anxiety says it's all sort of horrid things !) so having bloods done tomorrow including CA125 which I had tested many times.

This year has been my worst ever fingers crossed that I get sorted soon

Lanzalover

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2017, 04:25:52 PM »

Hi helenmelon

Peri menopause throws all sorts of strange symptoms/emotions at us add health anxiety into the mix and it's not surprising you feel you are going mad but you're not.
Your GP sounds  like she really is trying to help so just hang in there, hopefully the tests will all be ok and you can start HRT soon.

Good luck
Lanzalover x
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 07:34:49 PM by Lanzalover »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2017, 05:55:14 PM »

I had a vaginal polyp years ago [1991] and the Gynea told me it had to be removed, well Life took over and it disappeared during peri, no surgery required !

:welcomemm: browse round.  Make notes. 

Dancinggirl

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2017, 07:41:42 PM »

Helenmelon - have they not suggested having a Mirena fitted?  This would protect your womb really well and can stop fibroids from developing.  Once a Mirena is in place, you can simply add in oestrogen as pills, patch or gel.  The Mirena is a really good option for people prone to fibroids and erratic or heavy bleeding - there are good reasons why it's a favourite with most gynaes.  DG x

helenmelon

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2018, 04:20:47 PM »

Thanks for all your replies, only just seen some of them today (sorry)

The jury is still out on the HRT,although flushes much better,mood also better and feel a bit more balanced in the head, if you know what I mean, not as mad  :)
 I'm on my 5th patch now and a bit confused as to when to expect a bleed???
My last period started the week before I started the patches, so will I get a bleed on the normal period date or will it come once I've finished my 4 combined patches????
Not sure if I've posted this in the right bit either????? Perhaps my head isn't as balanced as I thought  ::) Grateful for any ideas  :lol: :lol:

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2018, 04:24:25 PM »

;D

You'll fit right in!

helenmelon

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2018, 05:14:35 PM »

:D Thanks CLKD  ;D

Hurdity

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2018, 10:38:05 AM »

Hi helemmelon

Not sure if I welcomed you so if not -  :welcomemm:

Re the bleed. Normally if you are peri-menopausal with fairly regular periods you start the HRT on the first day of the bleed which counts as Day 1. Your next bleed is then either 4 weeks later, or just before the end of the pack or just after you start a new one. It depends on how strong your own cycle is as to whether/when you bleed, and how much your lining has built up before starting HRT. You would normally have got one by now if you are over a week into the new pack - but not all women experience a bleed every month on sequi HRT. Also the progestogen is for a full two weeks with the poatches which may well protect the womb a bit more than some of the tabs which are only taken for 12 days ( the combi ones with progestogen in them).

Don't worry - it is unscheduled bleeding which could be more of a concern than lack of bleeding!

Glad you are feeling better in some respects and let's hope this continues to improve :)

Hurdity x