Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Enough oestrogel?  (Read 1592 times)

lizzog

Enough oestrogel?
« on: March 11, 2019, 04:43:13 PM »

i'm 52 with a mirena for progesterone, and take oestrogel.  The last couple of weeks my hormones seem to have really 'dipped' and I've been headachey, having waves of nausea, joint aches and pains, night sweats and brain fog.
I use one pump of oestrogel in the morning split between both arms, and one at night split between both arms.
Do you think this is enough?  I'm still getting the odd period- my last one was in January - but they are only around every 4 months or so.

Hurdity

Re: Enough oestrogel?
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2019, 08:28:36 AM »

Hi lizzog

It's difficult to tell where you are in menopause if you have a Mirena as it drastically reduce bleeding from periods and sometimes stops them - even if you are not at menopause. Therefore it's impossible to tell what your own cycle is doing. The fact that you are getting night sweats indicates oestrogen isn't working although some women get night sweats and flushes even while having regular periods. The nausea tends to indicate high oestrogen.

When did you get your Mirena replaced? Maybe you are becoming more sensitive to the progestogen in this - or maybe you need more oestrogen. I would say the only way to know is to say add half a pump for a few weeks and see how you feel - if your doc is OK with this and you can get more gel?

Hope yuou feel better soon.

Hurdity x

Dotty

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2019, 09:08:22 AM »

Hi I had terrible nausea when my oestrogen levels were low. It just goes to show how different we all are 😢 x

Robin

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2019, 09:18:56 AM »

Me too Dotty

catlover68

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2019, 09:24:18 AM »

Hi Lizzog

I'm sort of experiencing the same thing as you. I've got mirena and have been doing oestrogel for last 3 weeks. I'm experiencing migraine headaches,anxiety,dizziness and tiredness. I was taking elleste solo tablet but again these didn't agree with me. I've tried reducing to half pump in morning and evening and this was ok for a week or so but the symptoms creep back so I increase to one pump and find this almost too much.

As Hurdity has mentioned unfortunately as we have the coil there is no way of knowing where we are in menopause. I get a very slight pinkish bleed every so often that lasts 2-3 days so I'm presuming that's my period and I'm in peri still.

I think it's a matter of tweaking the amount of gel if you can. I'm only using half a pump morning and evening at the moment but can feel I may need a bit more.

I'm just fed up with feeling crap most of the time and the migraines are awful!

This forum has been a godsend for me.

Hope you feel better soon x

lizzog

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2019, 03:37:00 PM »

Thanks everyone. I upped my estrogel a little and feel marginally better - slept better, nausea etc almost gone. I'm surprised if it's worked that quickly but I do feel better.

higher

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2019, 09:39:01 PM »

Hi catlover68, Your symptoms seem identical to mine. I have just switched to Oestrodose gel instead of elleste solo 2mg due to migraines and availability (also have a mirena). So far so good on 2 pumps a day but I have reduced this 'mid month' when I felt breast tendreness start and will increase again next week as I think there is still a monthly cycle happening LOL. No idea if this is how it should be done?