Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Weird dreams!  (Read 33989 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Weird dreams!
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2019, 10:11:35 AM »

Last night I was at a Zoo.  Stemming from reading an article about 2 Siberian tigers being imported into the UK.

SO: I am walking through a narrow concrete corridor with fencing on one side.  Quite wide gaps in the fencing.  Could hear voices.  Got chatting to a keeper who told me not to touch any of the creatures as they weren't sure what they were: these had been brought in from a country [that I had never heard of] for investigation.  A Vet wouldn't give them an anaesthetic incase they didn't survive.

"But if they die as least you have the opportunity of doing a PM to find out exactly what they comprise of".  Then one scuttled up behind me, from how she had spoken I expected something the size of a double mattress  ;D but this was like a small mop.  Kind of golden coloured.  Suddenly I was wearing green Wellies and the girl was quite worried that this mop was going to bite, hard.  So I stood still.  It sniffed my Wellie then wrapped itself across the top and settled down, snoring  ......... she went off to get a camera and I bent down [as I would  ::)] and gave it a tickle behind it's ear.  Yep, it has ears.  It began to wriggle and make contended noises.

What ever it was, it was lonely  :-\. By the time she returned it was on my shoulder, snoring ........ there were other bits to this dream but I'll leave it for now  :D

Countrygirl

« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2019, 10:45:40 AM »

Mine are nearly always me alone sometimes people and places from my past are in there, sometimes they make sense other times not, I can wake in pure panic or tears sometimes. I guess it depends how my brain processes things x

Last nights was a good night, I was walking along a beach I have no idea where as there were no buildings just sand dunes and it was so vivid it was like I was there, the warmth of the sun was probably a hot flush though, but the rest was lovely and it gave me hope as I haven't been able to go to a beach for over a decade, but it's what I crave so much because the weather is picking up, I'm guessing my brain gave me a taster of normality and life outside of these 4 walls and it made a nice change from the scary ones I've been having recently x

Excuse me for waffling on CLKD x

CLKD

« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2019, 11:35:00 AM »

You waffle  ;).  How far are you from a beach, we are 2.5 hours drive  :-\

DH was in the dream later on.  So were lots of horses [Martin Clunes last week  ::)] and animals were escaping. 

CLKD

« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2019, 02:40:34 PM »

He's lovely, he has horses  ;D

Did U see him in America recently, on the various Islands ?

I"m tired now.  Busy dreams leave me needing more sleep  ::)

CLKD

« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2019, 03:32:39 PM »

My brain was at it again last night

My younger sister has been the golden girl.  In the dream last night Mum told me to keep my sister in the house once she got back from her Sat. job.  Mum and Dad were going to see new people in the village 'cos Mum wanted to 'get in' with them  :-\.  Now I know that nothing I said then nor could I say now would encourage my sister to take any notice of me  >:(.  Which is something Mum is still aware of.  In my dream I went to talk to Dad who apparently understood my dilemma "When she leaves the shop, if she knows that you and Mum are away, she will go straight out and smoke and who knows what with the boys".  But he didn't say anything to either Mum nor my sister  :-\.  Of course, that's what happened.  Sister waltzes in, gets changed and then goes out saying "You can't make me do what anyone wants, only Mum can say anything".

She was still out the my parents returned and I got it in the ear  :'( ....... but Dad by then had disappeared from the scene. 

Sgtvhilts

« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2019, 06:16:25 PM »

I have always had ‘far out' dreams.  Always used to be worse pre menstrual.
I think I have kinda worked it out (or not!!)
During sleep your brain ‘downloads' it is slotting stuff into files and files have to be opened to put new stuff it,
So stuff you thought you'd forgotten about gets brought back and jumbled up with new stuff, also stuff you've seen on tv, chucked in with reality.
I have had some crackers, things like being Elizabeth 1st spy, present at the armada, and other really bizarre stuff LOL
Sounds nuts - but that's my theory.
Sounds like nothing wrong, you are not going mad - just accept it for what it is - a download

CLKD

« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2019, 06:17:30 PM »

:thankyou:  were you in Elizabethan costume at the Armarda? 

Sgtvhilts

« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2019, 02:15:17 PM »

As I recall it was more than a few years ago- I was in a suit of armour- far out!! Lol

CLKD

« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2019, 07:48:10 PM »

You wouldn't creep up on anyone then  :lol: :whist:

I had another last night  >:(

Shadyglade

« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2019, 07:55:41 PM »

When I was a child I used to dream I was being chased by cannibals with knives and forks in their hands.

CLKD

« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2019, 07:58:46 PM »

Was it scary? As a very young child I used to dream about wolves and would go around the landing with my back to the wall, in case  :-\  now of course I know that wolves won't hurt me unless cornered  ::)

Countrygirl

« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2019, 09:30:30 PM »

As a child I used to dream I could run and jump
across the rooftops and could fly as the devil would get me if I touched the ground x

CLKD

« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2019, 09:32:50 AM »

I haven't flown for years  ;D - it is always across the Pier in Aberystwyth and a lovely, peaceful feeling.  I take off from the Prom opp the Chinese Restaurant, across the Pier and turn left ..........

CLKD

« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2019, 07:49:29 AM »

Busy.  Involved.  Dreams  >:( - always about packing: snakes, weeds, clothing, books ....... in different situations.  I think that it's because we are between properties  :-\ but I wake so TIRED and it takes until mid-afternoon for my head to clear.

There's been a lot in the press about boa constrictors being let loose so in one dream DH had found one: walked 2 miles to the shop for a box and back to coax it into.  Next bit of the dream, my Dad had found somewhere to house it with some people who kept snakes [he knew a man who did in the 1960s]; we were driving on a bit of road I know well, he was chatting away about how these people would look after it. 

Last night I was at a camp site in various types of 'van: they kept changing size and design  ::) no wonder I couldn't fit everything into the drawers/cupbaords  >:(.  I had suitcases all over the field, books in piles outdoors; watching the clouds in case it rained, piles of old blankets which needed to go a rag company  :-\ then Dad drove off with my camper as he had plans to alter it  :bang: NNOOO - Mum had no idea where he had gone so I took off on foot ......... he was hours B4 he returned.  The piles of blankets kept increasing from 5 - 11, books kept growing then falling over  :-\
« Last Edit: April 26, 2019, 01:19:51 PM by CLKD »

CLKD

« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2019, 08:37:37 AM »

Knackered this morning.  My brains had a party again: train journeys, dogs on leads that kept breaking in busy streets, carrier bags which kept bursting as I was about to step into the train, driving down a 1-way street the wrong way [not me but the driver] ...... more puppies running off, people getting in my way .....
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5