Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Wish I could cry  (Read 6062 times)

4meSons

Wish I could cry
« on: November 20, 2017, 11:42:28 AM »

Why can't I cry ? I can't remember the last time I did and I wish I could to release some of this tension :'(
I'm having a crappy day following on from a crappy week following on from etc etc I'm sure you get the picture. I feel so overwhelmed and I'm scared ladies I don't think I can go on like this. I don't know what else to do ? I'm on Ad's and started hrt but I'm mentally and physically exhausted after 3 long long years
What the hell is wrong with me ???

Bj118

Re: Wish I could cry
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2017, 12:39:48 PM »

Hello 4meSons,

Sorry to hear that you are having such a crappy time....really feel for you.
Am also in a similar situation as you.....struggling massively!!!

Just wanted to respond to your message by sending you comforting hugs and really hope that you will be better soon.
Take care, Bj xxx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2017, 03:03:34 PM »

I'm on Anti-depressant medication and rarely cry even when I need to.  Unless of course, Himself is sitting beside me and I'm watching something soppy  ::).  Is there any music that sets you off?  I have several tunes that are guaranteed ......

Snoooze

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2017, 03:42:39 PM »

I had the same thought a while ago that I can't cry anymore. I do tear up when I'm watching something sad etc but I can't remember the last time I cried. It's like my emotions are switched off.

4meSons

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2017, 03:46:35 PM »

Thank you for the hugs bj and I'm sorry you are having a crappy time too. It's bloody awful this isn't it, is your all meno related? I struggle with the fact that this is  all caused by hormones, mine must be in a right state to cause this much upheaval. :bighug: for you x

4meSons

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2017, 03:51:21 PM »

CLKD do you think it's the anti depressants stopping the tears?
I could try watching something sad but I struggle to watch anything at the moment.

4meSons

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2017, 03:55:48 PM »

Hi snoooze are you on Ad's  by any chance too ? The only emotion I have is fear and worry. I have just recalled when I last cried it was in April when I had to have my dog put to sleep, I didn't think I would ever stop crying then  :'(

Snoooze

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2017, 04:36:32 PM »

No I'm not on AD's so just put it down to meno. I have always suffered with anxiety and that has increased during meno.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2017, 06:02:49 PM »

Yep.   My feelings aren't muted in general but I haven't had a good blub for years  ::).  Even when Dad died 12 years ago ....... although I did shed a tear at an advert recently but can't remember which one   :D

dangermouse

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2017, 09:07:26 PM »

Well I know, for me, high oestrogen makes my emotions release very quickly and even small sad things make me have to swallow down the lump in my throat so I don't cry! I never used to be like that.

Hence, perhaps low oestrogen does the opposite and makes you unable to release the emotions? Then things build up so it will increase anxiety.

Annie0710

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2017, 09:47:12 PM »

I think it's the ADs stopping you crying

I am a very emotional person and at the start of peri dr gave me ADs for IBS.  During that I attended my bosses little girls funeral, she was 7, and my heart bled for the family.  I felt so horrible as I had to be the only mourner not crying, I just couldn't she'd those tears x

Kathleen

« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2017, 09:48:28 AM »

Hello 4meSons.

I struggle to cry as well and like you  wish I could as a tension release. I was never a big crier before the meno but the change in hormones has definitely had an impact.

Wishing you well.

K.

4meSons

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2017, 02:12:46 PM »

Really struggling today
Didn't sleep very well and the anxiety was there as soon as I opened my eyes. It's like a stalker and has followed me all morning. Sometimes it feels like it possesses my body and I feel I will go mad and get so agitated. The racing thoughts and what if's make my head hurt. This must be more than hormones I must have a severe anxiety disorder if even my meds are not helping. I just don't know what to do or where to turn next, I think I have come to a dead end  :-\

Dotty

« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2017, 02:46:11 PM »

How long have you been taken hrt? I’ve been told it could take 3 months to work x
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 02:48:13 PM by Dotty »

Daisydot

« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2017, 03:38:59 PM »

Hi 4me sons.Its that dreaded anxiety or "fear" for me waiting on something to happen which it doesent but meantime your panic builds up and gets worse and worse as the minutes go on,I've beaten it! Well in my mind I have.ive got a Fitbit watch and I keep it on as much as possible and watch my heart rate and when this anxiety hits,usually right out the blue as we all know, I put my meditation app on my phone on and use the watch to monitor my pulse and heart rate and really focus on getting that down by using my breathing and it works,I don't take any meds at all for that side and I've just recently started back on HRT after a 5/6 year absence so I use every bit of help and advice I can get at the moment.I got the watch in a gift as I needed it for physio after a bad head injury caused by falling due to dizziness which I now know is another one of those 34 menopause symtoms we suffer from,keep persevering and questioning and you will overcome it trust me.good luck xx
Pages: [1] 2 3