Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: new member  (Read 955 times)

Jennb65

« on: November 13, 2017, 06:09:56 PM »

I'm noticing I'm getting more hot flushes .Iv just joined today so trying to find my feet. My doctor recommended this forum .I'm 10 months without a period .My head feels strange I'm bit of balance it's hard to explain .I'm 52 .I hope you get sorted with your meds .this being a woman is rubbish . :-\
« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 11:42:22 AM by Emma »

Ginger2004

Re: new member
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2017, 04:38:19 PM »

Hello,

I'm still getting periods but think I have been peri menopausal for 2 years, started with head fog and very off balance feelings, the head fog was like a hangover feeling and I don't drink anymore.

At first I didn't connect the two together, but now this is a major part of my monthly cycle. Seems to be at its worst the week before my period comes and carries on until it's over.

So I understand what you mean. I walk like a weeble when it's bad to try and steady myself.

Ginger

Kathleen

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2017, 06:23:43 PM »

Hello Jenb65 and welcome to the forum.

There seems to be a huge range of symptoms and it's tempting to think some are very unusual but when ladies mention them here they are always lots of  'me too' comments so everything and anything is possible! I was reading the other day about ' electric shock sensations' and thought that I'd never experienced anything like that but now I realise my panicky surges are probably the equivalent!

The beauty of this forum is that there is always someone here who completely understands how you feel and can offer some sympathy and advice.

Take care and keep posting.

K.

Smokey

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2017, 08:11:51 PM »

Hi I've been in peri menopause for 7 years now and it is complicated as I have Ms too.
I get off balance feelings too, I put it down to my ms but now after reading your post I'm now so sure.

I get the funny heads too, not actually a headache but feel muzzy. Really dry eyes, nausea on and off too.

Ann x

Lanzalover

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2017, 10:56:40 PM »

Hi Jennb65

:welcomemm:

Lanzalover x