Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Gallstones  (Read 1213 times)

Smokey

Gallstones
« on: November 11, 2017, 04:40:07 PM »

Hi everyone, I've not been on for a while, been too busy feeling ill.

I have at last got my Surgery date 12 December this year for the removal of my Gallbladder. It is being done by keyhole so providing there are no complications I should be out the same day.

I had my Gp refer me as after having two scans and an endoscopy of which both the scans were lost I decided to choose another hospital rather than my local one. After my third scan with them my date arrived after having my pre-op and was actually quite quick at 8 weeks. After looking through my diary I realise I've been in pain on and off for two years in total!

I put myself on a low fat diet and changed to skimmed milk,which is fine to me even if it is a bit too watery.

I would be grateful if anyone has had the surgery and could give me some advice of their experience.

Thanks Ann x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Gallstones
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2017, 04:41:21 PM »

:bighug:

Do you get another pre-op check - if so take a list of queries?

dazned

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2017, 04:50:29 PM »

I suffered for a couple of years with acute on and off pain before finally being whisked off to AandE  by an ambulance 🚑 ! They kept me in and I had my gallstones taken out next morning by keyhole surgery,job done ! :)
It was straightforward back on ward in time for lunch which I woolfed down as I'd been nil by mouth since 1000 o'clock the morning before ! Then discharged around teatime. I did ask if I had to follow any particular diet was told not really,it varies person to person. I've not noticed any differences and eat what I like,apart from noticing that I can't eat too much tried stuff in one go but that's not a bad thing ! ;) let us know how it goes .

Smokey

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2017, 08:12:12 PM »

Thanks guys. CLKD no 2nd pre op I'm afraid.
Dazned I'm glad you've sorted yours out do you still have to take meds or did you stop them straight away?

Thanks Ann x

dazned

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2017, 09:58:02 PM »

No medication 💊 given or needed. Oh I think I got given diclafenic for a few days . I didn't get any trapped wind Sparkle luckily ! You might not either Smokey but at least if you do you know that it sometimes happens. ;)

Smokey

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2017, 05:26:09 PM »

Thanks Sparkle and dazned

I didn't realise constipation was an issue, I'm normally quiet constipated caused by the Antidepressents I take, but as long as I remember to eat plenty of fruits and vegetables and lots of water I'm ok. What causes it Sparkle do you know? I have got plenty of laxatives so hopefully I'll be ok.

I just hope my Ms fatigue doesn't get worse, if I get bloated I'll take peppermint tea I found that works a treat!

Ann x

Smokey

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2017, 08:01:48 PM »

Sparkle don't worry I'm not scared! I'm sure I will be ok. Did you get nausea as a symptom before it was removed ? I seem to get it quite a lot lately.

I'm going to make sure I pee as soon as possible after as I want to be discharged same day, I just don't like hospitals.

Ann x

daisie

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2017, 08:20:55 AM »

hi smokey..i had mine out 6 weeks ago iv had on and off pain for about 8 years after eating fatty foods ..i was admitted to hospital the pain was so bad this time it wasnt going away ..i had an inflamed gallbladder and a gallstone..i was put on antibiotics..had my operation went home same day ..just take it easy when you get home i spent more time in bed ..when i got home got to remember it may be keyhole surgery ..but your body has just gone through magor surgery ..im 6 weeks post op  now feeling back to normal x daisy