Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14

Author Topic: Citalopram  (Read 34421 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Citalopram
« Reply #180 on: February 14, 2018, 11:06:12 AM »

Don't do too much at once.  I found that when I felt 'better'I would make arrangements then would be filled with dread.  So 1 thing at a time is enough for me to book!

Enjoy Malta.

Petals

« Reply #181 on: February 21, 2018, 08:26:17 PM »

Have been prescribed these from my GP but unsure whether to take or not for the anxiety. I'd ruled it out, however, still not entirely sure if it's the right way to go.

Yammy, It appears like you had it bad when you first started taking Citalopram and yours was such a low dose too? My GP has prescribed 20mg a day to start. I'm not convinced I could endure all the side effects you experienced. My friend said she didn't have any but I tend to react to anything I'm given. Glad to hear it has helped in the long run though for you  :).

Yammy1

« Reply #182 on: February 23, 2018, 02:13:47 AM »

I'm still on 10mg and I have to say they have really turned my life around. I'm actually happy and looking forward instead of living in the past and worrying about absoulitly everything. I will admit the first month or so was horrendous and I don't know how I made it through, I wanted to give up  so many times. I am so glad I stuck it out. My advise would be to ask doc for something to get you over the initial stages, i.e. Xanax to take as an emergency to cope with the really bad days. Please give citalopram a chance, I'm proof after suffering on and off for many years that ads can really help

CLKD

« Reply #183 on: February 25, 2018, 12:51:15 PM »

Yep - what's to lose?  In the 1980s I had to try 4/5 different ADs prior to finding one that works, since then Life has been better  ;)

valb

« Reply #184 on: February 26, 2018, 07:05:05 AM »

I've been on Citalopram for 15 years. 20mg. It's something which is a must, especially now I'm back off HRT and trying a lady care magnet. It helps me to be the rational person I once used to be!

CLKD

« Reply #185 on: February 26, 2018, 01:06:20 PM »

Tnx valb.   

Yammy1

« Reply #186 on: March 12, 2018, 07:53:14 PM »

Having a major blip today, I'm just finishing an antibiotic for chest infection so not sure if this is why I'm feeling so bad. I have pain in left arm, slight chest pain and general achy all over. I'm exhausted and dizzy and am having flushes. I really hope this is just a blip and tomorrow will be a better day. Just wondering if anyone else feels like this after antibiotics

CLKD

« Reply #187 on: March 12, 2018, 08:40:56 PM »

I would think it's more the chest infection.  I think you should ring your GP if this gets any worse!!! at least in the morning. 

Yammy1

« Reply #188 on: March 12, 2018, 09:01:01 PM »

Thank you CLKD,I had chest X-ray on Friday and all clear. I guess health anxiety never totally goes away

Snoooze

« Reply #189 on: March 12, 2018, 10:22:34 PM »

Maybe you've got a virus on top of the chest infection? I remember you had arm pain when your anxiety was high, so try not to panic x

Yammy1

« Reply #190 on: March 13, 2018, 05:56:01 PM »

Thank you snoooze, I'm feeling a bit better today. I think your right. Am inclined to panic, my health anxiety is always focused on my heart, I just need to try relax a bit more and it should pass x

Samade

« Reply #191 on: March 13, 2018, 06:20:28 PM »

Remember how far you've come  :hug:

CLKD

« Reply #192 on: March 13, 2018, 07:05:31 PM »

When my anxiety was bad I had a calendar - 1 was an awareness of anxiety, 5 was the need to swallow an emergency tablet or go to the GP Surgery for safety.

Looking back each week I could see that I had survived as well as that the anxiety was up and down. 

Yammy1

« Reply #193 on: March 13, 2018, 08:40:00 PM »

Yeah I took half a Xanax today and that really helped, but I've noticed I haven't been needing them lately so just a blip. Nice to have them to fall back on in emergency, but obviously it's not my heart, once I took pill pain eased so know it was anxiety

CLKD

« Reply #194 on: March 13, 2018, 08:43:37 PM »

That's a good step forwards!   :medal:
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14