Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14

Author Topic: Citalopram  (Read 34445 times)

Annie0710

Re: Citalopram
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2017, 06:18:45 PM »

Yammy it's so important you keep going, I know it's easy for us to say.  In my daughters first week of sertraline she emailed mental health hospitals begging them to take her in.  I can't explain the difference in 2 weeks, she's doing the school runs again.  Can anyone be with you? Please phone a nice dr and say you need help during this settling in period

Keep going honey...... you WILL come out the other side xxxxx

Yammy1

« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2017, 06:24:56 PM »

Hi Annie thank you so much for your reply, I have been googling another site and it seems I can take my xanax on a low dose to take the edge off so I might try this tomorrow. I feel like such a failure but today's anxiety really has me in a bad way, that's me all over I try something new and panic and give up. Oh when will this ever end

Annie0710

« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2017, 06:42:12 PM »

It will get better Yammy, please believe that

And, you're not a failure...if only non-anxiety sufferers knew the bravery that is needed to get through each day there'd be a lot more respect for sufferers x

Yammy1

« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2017, 06:54:33 PM »

Thank you Annie, what a lovely thing to say, and so sad that anxiety is such am awful thing to live with. I've just had a nice hot shower and your words of encouragement mean more than you'll ever know. I'm going to take one day at a time and hopefully be strong enough to stick with ads and come out the other side stronger and better. Once again thank you so much

Annie0710

« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2017, 07:04:13 PM »

Be very kind to yourself for the next couple of weeks, don't plan anything and keep people close to you aware of how you're feeling... and forget advice is just at the other end of the phone, Drs prescribed them so should be available for advice

You're welcome Yammy, you'll come out of this hell, it'll just take some time xxx

Yammy1

« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2017, 07:09:45 PM »

Thank you Annie   :foryou:

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2017, 07:41:05 PM »

I think that you will find the feelings will ease.  Be kind to yourself.  Rest.  Try relaxation. Often we 'look' for problems which makes any side-effects worse! 

5mg is a very low dose and after a few days you really shouldn't be affected.  How have you reacted?  I sometimes get hung over which is a nuisance as I don't drink  ::)

Yammy1

« Reply #37 on: November 14, 2017, 07:44:29 PM »

CLKD,panic attacks, anxiety and extremely dizzy  :'(

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #38 on: November 14, 2017, 07:46:22 PM »

Caused by anticipation that the drug will cause side-effects.  Been there, done that, survived.  ..... and breath!  Let the medication do it's work.  When did you take the pill, I take my high dose around 9.00 p.m. at night, bath time then bed.  I can then sleep.

Are you eating? 

Yammy1

« Reply #39 on: November 14, 2017, 07:53:30 PM »

Doc said to take it in the morning, I feel so sick but I know I  Have to eat especially as I'm diabetic. I  can only hope it doesn't las too long

Yammy1

« Reply #40 on: November 14, 2017, 08:11:45 PM »

Thank you sparkle, I just took a tiny amount of Xanax to take the edge off. Do you still take citalopram?
« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 08:23:25 PM by Yammy1 »

Yammy1

« Reply #41 on: November 14, 2017, 09:18:02 PM »

Yes sparkle it has taken the edge off, I'm going to go to bed soon and as the saying goes 'tomorrow is another day' hopefully a better one. But  I'll take he Xanax again if and when I need it, anything to get me through. Glad the citalopram worked for you. Fingers crossed I'll have success too.  :thankyou:

Annie0710

« Reply #42 on: November 14, 2017, 09:23:13 PM »

Hope you have a restful sleep Yammy xx

Yammy1

« Reply #43 on: November 14, 2017, 09:26:52 PM »

Thank you Annie,   I Have to look forward and hope fir the best x

Yammy1

« Reply #44 on: November 14, 2017, 09:39:46 PM »

Nite nite all  :thankyou: