Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14

Author Topic: Citalopram  (Read 34420 times)

Yammy1

Re: Citalopram
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2017, 09:08:18 PM »

You poor thing sparkle, I didn't know about sleeping on left side is good for hiatus hernia, but as its my left shoulder it's too sore anyway  :'(. I'm also feeling very achy another wonderful meno symptom.hope you feel better soon

rebel2

« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2017, 11:02:30 PM »

Feeling better today thanks Yammy, good luck with the shoulder.

Kathleen - I had to go privately and do the ex revises on my own at home every day.   Physio is ridiculously difficult to get on NHS which is silly, as it can save thousands.

Yammy1

« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2017, 12:17:14 PM »

Bday two, feeling quite anxious, but I know with ads it's 'normal' to feel worse  at first so I am determined to stick it out. Does anyone know if I can take small dose of my emergency pill(Xanax) to ge m hrough ths tough stage

Kate

« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2017, 12:23:05 PM »

You could ring a pharmacy to ask just to be certain

Annie0710

« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2017, 12:30:08 PM »

I don't know Yammy, Kate's right to ask pharmacy

You keep going girl, you've done the hardest bit of starting them, think how good your outlook could potentially be xxx

Yammy1

« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2017, 12:37:18 PM »

thanks Kate and Annie, I'll soldier on. I'm determined to get better and if this means I have to feel worse for a few days then so be it. It really really helps knowing you have support and this site is such a help.

Samade

« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2017, 01:30:05 PM »

I started citalopram last year. Do hang in, its definitely one of those you feel worse before you feel better. I'm so glad I did hang on!

Yammy1

« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2017, 01:35:44 PM »

Thank you Samade, how long were you feeling bad before they worked, I'm shaking with anxiety and feel like I'm burning from the inside  :'(

Samade

« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2017, 01:42:31 PM »

The first two or three weeks were bad but I kept telling myself they will work  and eventually things started to ease, it wasn't an instant thing just very gradual. On the plus side I did lose 8lbs in 10 days !
You will feel better and will be stronger  :hug:

littleminnie

« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2017, 01:48:44 PM »

Hi Yammy1, sorry if this has been mentioned but, have you tried the Bach's rescue spray?   You could try that until the Citalopram kicks in.

Yammy1

« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2017, 01:50:55 PM »

Thank you Samade, two or three weeks sounds like a mountain when I'm only on day two :'(,, I wasn't expecting o feel this bad on half lowest dose, 5mg. Am glad doctor started me so low. I wish I could go to sleep And wake up I n two weeks, I will try my best to stick it out but I must admit  i am really struggling I have some rescue remedy littleminnie, thank you
« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 02:00:12 PM by Yammy1 »

Annie0710

« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2017, 02:22:03 PM »

COUld dr give you some diazepam to see you through this settling in stage ? I'm losing who I've been chatting with but my daughter started sertraline and was horrendous for 10-14 days settling on them, now she's tirned a very bright corner.  Dr gave her beta blockers too which she said is a great help x

Yammy1

« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2017, 02:47:21 PM »

Annie I have Xanax which I think is similar to diazepam, just a bit scared to take both. I take Inderal (beta blocker) just 10 mg before bed so I might take another during the day, just so scared I'll get so bad in the next week or so that I'll quit. When will it ever end :'(
« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 03:58:30 PM by Yammy1 »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2017, 05:14:41 PM »

The side effects can be scary.  What is happening exactly, for me it was the nausea that stopped me taking certain ADs though the one you have been prescribed has good reports as does it's sister, Escitlopram which I take - 10mg at night and 5mg in the morning.

I also have BBs and an emergency drug for when anxiety floors me.  Do ring the Pharmacist and if you *are* able, keep taking the meds.  Side effects may well wear off sooner rather than later.

:bighug:

Yammy1

« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2017, 05:57:49 PM »

Oh CLKD, I'm so scared I don't know what to do. I haven't had anxiety like this in a very long time. The emergency pill I have(Xanax) I got from my sister in law so I can't really ask doc if it's ok to take but the citalopram really has floored me. I'm only taking 5mg so I can only imagine what the starting dose of 10 mg could  do to me. I really am thinking f giving up and just sticking to Xanax as and when needed. I jus want to cry I feel so scared
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14