Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Patch or gel  (Read 4475 times)

Karen max

Patch or gel
« on: April 24, 2019, 10:16:50 PM »

Hi
Just wondering if I can get a few reviews from any of you ladies who has used patchs and gel
What do you think is better ?
I know we are all different but would like to hear a few of your views

Thanks

Kaz x

Tinkerbell

Re: Patch or gel
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2019, 01:06:43 AM »

I started with estradot but had trouble with irritation with the adhesive, but I do react with plasters. I also had problems with them sticking sometimes so had trouble getting a steady dose, I swapped to the Estrogel which has given me great symptom control, just find waiting for gel to dry a bit of a pain, I use 3 pumps so split that over night and morning.

sheila99

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2019, 07:56:00 AM »

Patch - easy to apply, not easy to alter the dose, can't adjust length of cycle (my natural cycle is longer than normal), sometimes don't stick well. Gel - easy to adjust dose & cycle length, pain to apply specially when it's cold waiting for it to dry, not green, too much plastic. Personal preference I think, I had to stop everel as got a rash, now on gel which suits atm as in peri & can adjust dose & cycle length. When in meno I will ask for estradot.

Katejo

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2019, 11:28:26 AM »

Hi
Just wondering if I can get a few reviews from any of you ladies who has used patchs and gel
What do you think is better ?
I know we are all different but would like to hear a few of your views

Thanks

Kaz x
I have only tried patches so far. No adverse reaction and convenient to apply but too early to know if they are going to make a difference. I only started 2 weeks ago.

Ladybt28

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2019, 01:40:55 PM »

I have liked the gel best out of pills and patches because it is so flexible - you are in control of the number of pumps without having to trek back and forth to GP (as long as you get enough on prescription if you are up at 4 pumps).  Pills made me nauseous and patches just didn't seem to work properly for me couldn't balance anything.  It's a pain waiting for it to dry but that's about it.  The trouble with all of this is what works for your body - you can only try.  What works for one doesn't for another
 :-\

Karen max

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2019, 01:52:39 PM »

Hi
Thanks ladies for all your replies
I've just picked the gel up from chemist
Staff nurse from hrt clinic told me on phone to use 2 pumps in morning and same again at night , label says 2 pumps in morning ?? ( my doctor must have decided to reduce the amount yet doctor couldn't help me with getting tight hrt ? ) 😡 So do I follow hrt clinic advice or go with what it says on box ?

The everol 100mg definitely helped with the sweats but finding it a real pain to stay stuck on my skin , I've now one stuck top of my bum and it's wrinkly , hard and starting to come of , only put it on last night !!!

I don't start the provera 10mg to mid May so fingers crossed this is the one for me

Kaz x

Ladybt28

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2019, 01:57:12 PM »

I started with 2 Kaz and then worked up to 4.  I tried to reduce it to 3 but it doesn't feel right.  I just took it steady and worked up slowly until the symptoms went away.  It took a wee while, but you will use up more, if doing 4 pumps so your GP will have to adjust your repeat to account for that anyway.  I was told 4 by the Mater.

Karen max

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2019, 02:26:09 PM »

Hi ladybt
I'm on 100mg everol patch at the minute so if I use 2 pumps that's means I'm dropping to 50mg ??
I'm fine on the 100mg tho I've nit started the provera tabs yet for the bleed so god only knows how il feel when I add them to mix

They said at hrt I will be having my surgery by September so fingers crossed waiting list don't grow too much lol

Hope your feeling better ??

Kaz xx

Karen max

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2019, 06:27:20 PM »

Hi
Me again so I've changed from everol 10@mg patches to 4 pumps of estrogen gel but I'm feeling nit so good , could sleep click round no engeat all , should I drop down to 2 pumps ?
Was menopause clinic who told me 4 pumps per day
Any advice would be great

Thanks Kaz x

Tc

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2019, 08:20:55 PM »

Karen I guess they told you 4 pumps because you were on a high patch. Absorption can differ from patch to gel. You might absorb more or you might absorb less. But I dont think too much eastrogen would cause sleepiness. Am I right in thinking you're not taking the provera yet?
Maybe it might take a while to settle on the gel.
But the beauty of the gel is that you can tinker with it. Lots of ladies have had to do that to find the right balance for them.
Xx

Karen max

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2019, 09:02:12 PM »

Hi TC
Yes I don't start the provera until the 8th of May , today I've just used 1 pump this morning and I will use 2pumps tonight and see how I go with that .
The everol patch 100mg was helping me with symptoms just a pest trying to get it to stay stuck after baths and showers , I'm hoping the gel works as well as the patch did and fingers crossed when I add the provera I will feel ok ..

i think the gel is way better as it dries so fast then I can forget about it where as the patch was always causing a burning or itch to skin

Kaz x

Tc

« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2019, 09:09:40 PM »

Yes. I think I replied on your other thread about it. The water does seem to get under the patches. So being as you need to soak in the bath the gel will be better for that.
The estradot has given me a rash and sometimes the patches feel like they are sort of pinching my skin. And scrubbing to get the black Mark's off doesnt help.
Hopefully you will find the right balance for you on the gel.xx

Karen max

« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2019, 10:17:34 PM »

To
Thank you so much yes the patch was causing my eking to feel like a friction burn while it was wrinkled up strange feeling but it defdid help with symptoms so I'm hoping gel does same job

Thanks again

Kaz x