Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Vivid dreams and hot most nights  (Read 5417 times)

Countrygirl

Re: Vivid dreams and hot most nights
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2019, 10:54:35 AM »

I haven't birdy, Ive always found it hard to be still always on the fidget. I did try relaxation once, but the tensing of the muscles before relaxing them sent me off into a panic so haven't tried anything like that since x

Hope your hospital appointment goes okay wrensong x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2019, 11:30:27 AM »

I rarely dream in the day time.  Busy all night long  ::)

Wrensong

« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2019, 06:59:04 PM »

Hi Countrygirl - thanks for the good wishes.  Appt was with a very kind old favourite, so always a pleasure to see him.

The horrible adrenaline surges you describe are just like I had throughout peri & were still going strong 3 years postmenopause when I finally started HRT in my 10th year of symptoms.  I would wake up suddenly, intensely hot all over - not just head & neck, heart racing with sensations of inexplicable terror & this was every night.  Then like you, I would be far too alert to get back to sleep.  On top of other chronic conditions, it was life-wrecking & I was absolutely at the end of my tether with the insomnia it caused & the terror sensations were truly awful.  When I finally started HRT, though bloods 2 years in showed only 50% of the expected absorption, it still improved symptoms enough that my body started to get beyond that horrible catch-22 where you are so chronically stressed & sleep deprived that the recovery that should start to happen postmenopause is seriously hindered.

I'm sorry I can't remember whether you are new to HRT, but if so I would urge you to persevere with it & maybe consider increasing your oestradiol if there is no medical reason not to try this, assuming you have not found a higher dose unsuitable before.  I think HRT could really help you through the most difficult years - keep on until you find the right regime for you - don't let your life be wrecked for years like I did (out of fear of breast cancer, which is in the family).

Did you find the CBT helpful or is it too early days to know?  I'm so glad to know counselling is on the cards for you & I hope you will not have long to wait for it.  I'm currently having a 2nd course after a very difficult year last year & it really helps to have the "permission" to unload, though it can be tough going with emotive issues & very draining.  I'm sure you will find it helpful.

Please keep posting to let us know how you get on.  Wx
« Last Edit: May 01, 2019, 07:04:32 PM by Wrensong »
Pages: 1 [2]