Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

twitter facebook blogger

Author Topic: Having ovarian pain and period every 2 weeks  (Read 264 times)

Lady Daviot

Having ovarian pain and period every 2 weeks
« on: November 10, 2017, 08:12:31 PM »

Hi Ladies, just looking for some advise. I am 48 and still have periods from time to time and they vary from nothing for 4 months to now every month ( this has been the pattern for the last 3 months ) and now 10 days after finishing my last period, I had some fresh blood this morning and ovarian pain like I was ovulating. It is probably par for the course with peri but I have had an ovarian cyst about the size of an orange removed when I was 18, so I am always cautious and of course in peri the lovely HA sends me to search out Dr Google. Any comments welcome. 

sparkle

• and breathe ...
Re: Having ovarian pain and period every 2 weeks
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2017, 08:31:57 PM »

Hi Lady D, I had a lot of ovarian pain through peri at random times, having always had the pain mid cycle before peri.  But I also had cysts at various times as well as fibroids. The cysts went by themselves and the fibroids are now very small now that I'm virtually out the other side.  Might be worth asking your gp to refer you for a scan just to check.

S x

Lady Daviot

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2017, 08:52:09 PM »

Thanks Sparkle, I will get call back from GP as it takes forever to get app at our surgery and I try not to let me HA run away with me, hence why asking on here if anybody else had similar experience.

Hothothot

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2017, 06:28:55 PM »

Hi Lady D,

I had a very similar experience to you, just about a year later. I had skipped the odd period here and there over the previous 2 years, but then suddenly had 3 periods in the space of less than 2 months. I have always had awful ovulation pain (endometriosis), and this really ramped up during those two years too, and often lasted for over a week. Following the 'several periods close together' episode, I went 8 months without ovulation, and so no period, but that was when the hot flushes started with a vengeance, and hrt was the only thing that helped.

I think that the pattern of missed, and then overly frequent periods is fairly normal in perimenopause. I did have a referral to gynae for a scan during that time because there was a suspicion of ovarian cysts, but it was all clear - just fluctuating hormones.

I hope this helps, and puts your mind at rest. Definitely worth checking with your GP if you still have concerns though.

:)