Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Constant headaches.....  (Read 6119 times)

KAH

Constant headaches.....
« on: November 19, 2017, 11:46:42 AM »

For the past 2 or 3 weeks I've been really struggling with persistent headaches. They're not so severe that I have to lie down but they're there pretty much all the time, even through the night. Ive been using 4head sticks which ease the pain but don't get rid of it, also taking paracetamol when needed but I'm conscious that too many can actually cause headache!
I'm sure it's probably hormonal but as I suffer from severe health anxiety anyway, I'm worried it might be something more sinister. But that's the other thing, about a month ago I was on holiday and was thinking that it had been quite a while since I'd had a headache, then bam...these started! So, I don't want to go to see my GP if it's anxiety induced (quite possible as I've done that many, many times before with all sorts of illnesses😳), but then again I've never had headaches like this before either.
As well as the headache I feel a bit disorientated (like being drunk), a bit dizzy and my vision sometimes is a bit blurry. Also keep saying things wrong, like mixing up letters of words.
Really just wondered if many others have had similar?
TIA xx

Salad

Re: Constant headaches.....
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2017, 12:00:46 PM »

Morning KAH

I get headaches when my oestrogen levels are low - usually accompanied by nausea and a muggy head feeling, making it hard to concentrate. They can be daily for a couple of weeks or just one offs but they make life miserable. I usually adjust my HRT dose to overcome them.
If you don't want to visit your GP why not ask for a phone call to chat things through. It sounds like you could do with a doctor's reassurance  :)

Annie0710

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2017, 12:06:08 PM »

All that you are describing are meno symptoms and worse during the Peri years BUT you really should see your gp just to eliminate other possible causes, a full blood work up too in case they're being caused by other deficiencies.  It's wise to be on your guard and be mindful it could be menopause but not to put everything down to menopause.  Does that make sense ? X

KAH

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2017, 12:20:10 PM »

Thank you ladies, yes that definitely makes sense.
I've been such a pain with my health anxiety over the last couple of years that visiting my GP is now a last resort. I often find that after getting the GPs reassurance, the pain/problem goes away which of course proves that it's anxiety induced rather than an actual medical problem! BUT even though I recognise that, it does not stop me worrying myself silly each time!

Annie0710

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2017, 12:55:32 PM »

I understand that KAH, at the start of peri I might as well as moved in to the surgery I was there so much.   Ok, maybe go to opticians ? Tell them you're having headaches with the other symptoms you said x

Conolly

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2017, 01:33:41 PM »

Hello KAH,

My humble advice is go see your gp. As much as the symptoms you have described can be exacerbated by perimenopause, constant headache, blurred vision and speech issues can be caused by vascular episodes and you could benefit from a thorough checkup. Take care.

Conolly x

littleminnie

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2017, 02:04:50 PM »

Hi
I've found that I need to drink a lot more since I started on this menopause lark.  I've added about 3 tumblers of water a day to my liquid intake. I find that helps with headaches and tiredness.