Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10

Author Topic: A day from hell  (Read 20267 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: A day from hell
« Reply #90 on: November 15, 2017, 08:49:51 PM »

:medal:

Annie0710

« Reply #91 on: November 16, 2017, 11:44:12 AM »

I'm so thrilled with today's update:

Bert was really affectionate in bed last night, she slept between us for ages and kept her paw touching hubby's arm

Caught her looking out at sons bedroom window this morning

Brought her downstairs for the day/evening.  She's licked the fish soup with her metacam in.  Took her last AB.  I had sprinkled some cat nip on her beloved scratch post and she's been playing on that and swiping the balls hanging from it,  our shih-tzu tried to interrupt her fun and she's punched him and he's retreated back to his cushion, she's now gawping out the lounge window

I'm a happy Bert mum :-)

X

dazned

« Reply #92 on: November 16, 2017, 12:09:48 PM »

Great news ,so happy for you all ! :)

Claireylou

« Reply #93 on: November 16, 2017, 12:47:23 PM »

Great news Annie. If she's back to punching the dog she's well on the mend xxx  ;D

Jenna

« Reply #94 on: November 16, 2017, 12:49:34 PM »

I'm so happy for you all, Annie - that's wonderful news.  :cat88: :-*

Annie0710

« Reply #95 on: November 16, 2017, 04:37:11 PM »

Thank you ladies xx

Lanzalover

« Reply #96 on: November 16, 2017, 04:48:31 PM »

Sounds like Bert has finally turned the corner so pleased for you both.

Lanzalover x

Annie0710

« Reply #97 on: November 16, 2017, 05:28:26 PM »

She really has, and so suddenly.  She's now got us leaving access to upstairs open (we've always kept it animal-free) so she can lay on our bed.  Talk about Lady Muck lol x

Hurdity

« Reply #98 on: November 16, 2017, 06:28:44 PM »

Hi Annie0710 - I've been following your and Bert's story since the first day and so pleased to hear he is on the mend after such a traumatic time. You must be feeling in top of the world with relief - and let's hope this is really it now for good  :) :cat48:

Hurdity x

Two hoots

« Reply #99 on: November 16, 2017, 08:09:02 PM »

I'm another following your posts, what a relief that she's getting better.

:cat88:

Annie0710

« Reply #100 on: November 16, 2017, 08:19:06 PM »

Yes, Bert is a ‘she'

Hubby brought her home at 8 weeks, she's a long haired moggy, and beautiful.  When she walks ahead of us she wiggles her bum and because of her long fur she has a look that she's wearing fluffed out pantilooms!

Anyhow, we were sold her as a boy and I waited for her testicles to drop ready to book her in for the snip, and they well, didn't drop so I googled and realised tri colour cats are nearly always girls ! So her name remained Bert, and Bertie Girl

It always causes a laugh at the vets, and during this horrible time she was known as Bert the girl cat

Another good mark of recovery, she's back to pinching my sons seat on the sofa, and he's back to being perched on the end

Our Bert is well and truly back with us x

Claireylou

« Reply #101 on: November 16, 2017, 09:08:08 PM »

So so pleased for you Annie. She has been on my mind constantly.

Really chuffed xxx  :)

Annie0710

« Reply #102 on: November 16, 2017, 10:04:06 PM »

I really do appreciate all your lovely thoughts and good wishes

Hubby and I are suckers for animals
Bert is a one off, she loves going on dog walks and about 3 years ago she followed us on an extra long walk and even sat at the kerb as we waited to cross the road.  Without warning and we couldn't understand why, she darted in front of a people carrier.  She got hit by the back wheel and it happened so fast all we saw was tufts of her gorgeous fur flying up in the air.  She'd ran off straight away.  We went to look for her but couldn't find her.  About 2 hrs later she came walking down the garden, I whisked her off to the vet and they couldn't find any injuries, but that's when she developed her quirky ways, we think she suffered mild brain damage as she'd refuse to use the cat flap to come in, she'd go out of it ok but would knock on the front door to come in.  We lost her for 4 days another time, I was frantic and was speaking to a neighbour who remembered her garage was open the day I said she'd vanished.  Sure enough Bert was in a box in her garage.  She's now 6 1/2 and has given me more sleepless nights than the other lot put together x

JaneinPen

« Reply #103 on: November 17, 2017, 02:01:52 PM »

Brilliant news Annie 0710

Annie0710

« Reply #104 on: November 17, 2017, 04:10:30 PM »

we've just got back from her follow up .  She's been quite down today, she's not eaten the food that had the metacam on, just her biscuits.  Vet is very happy with her though and said her sadness and irritability is because she still has pain, so...... I'm goung to syringe 2mg of metacam into her throat twice a day and encourage her to eat her biscuits.  She's just had 2mg, I have another tooth piercing in my index finger but who cares? She's had some pain relief x
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10