Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Nicer news...need some advice Baby Hamper!  (Read 2961 times)

lesley998

Nicer news...need some advice Baby Hamper!
« on: November 24, 2017, 12:02:29 PM »

Ah....new nephew born this morning...my late sisters son and his partner!  Feeling very cheered by the news.

We live quite far apart and I would like to send a special gift, but not sure who is ‘in' at the moment (in my day it was silver Cross!!!)  They've got all they need re prams etc.   I've seem some lovely baby hampers online....wondered if anyone has new babies in the family and  which is a nice brand of baby things to go for??

Xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Nicer news...need some advice Baby Hamper!
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2017, 02:12:44 PM »

Ah,  :congrats:  this answers my question in your other thread  ::) - it's been a while since we had a menopause baby  :)

What to buy?  Premium Bonds were 'in' when I was a child (1950s).  Or wine laid down though that didn't happen for me, to be opened on the 21st which became 18th celebrations.

Thinking Caps on Girls  ;D

Snoooze

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2017, 02:23:24 PM »

Congratulations!

Depends how much you want to spend? Mamas & Papas always have lovely stuff for babies.

https://www.mamasandpapas.com/en-gb/c/hampers-gift-sets/

The baby record cards that come with these hampers seem to be the 'in' thing!
« Last Edit: November 24, 2017, 02:25:09 PM by Snoooze »

lesley998

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2017, 05:35:36 PM »

Thank you for the congrats CLKD!  Yes, a boy baby.  I'm so happy for them...he is a couple of weeks early but doing really well.

Snooze!  Than you so much....I have NO CLUE what is 'in or not in' with new mums.  And new baba Mum is quite trendy so I wanted to get something she would really like.  I've looked online at other hampers but nothing really took my eye.   All anchors and balloons.  I didn't know Mamas and Papas did hamper gift sets!  I'm off for a look.

xx

« Last Edit: November 24, 2017, 08:51:00 PM by SweetPea »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2017, 07:53:55 PM »

Don't forget to get the parents something too .......... an IOU to wash up for a week ;-)