Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

Author Topic: Biopsy, how long for results  (Read 20683 times)

jaycee

Biopsy, how long for results
« on: November 06, 2017, 09:00:16 AM »

Sorry not mine  but wondered if anyone knew how long a biopsy took to get results,also MRI results
TIA

Dancinggirl

Re: Biopsy, how long for results
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2017, 09:46:25 AM »

I'd phone your GP practise to ask - they should know.  You could also contact the hospital to ask.   Biopsies can take 6 weeks or more simply because they have to ‘grow' things in the lab.  DG x

jaycee

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2017, 10:09:10 AM »

Ah I see, thank you, didn't realise about that ,its not me but my partner, hes had biopsy for prostate cancer and also MRI,He has to see a Urologist on Wednesday ,and was told that its often the urologist who gives them the results,if not he will ask

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2017, 03:21:58 PM »

He should have been informed the procedures and expectations, well B4 investigations  >:(  ::) - get him to make a list of his concerns and ask at the Appt. on Wed.?

jaycee

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2017, 11:23:26 PM »

Thank you, he wasn't told anything as far as I know, but maybe he isn't telling me everything
We don't live together,so any post etc will go to his house
He says hes not worried about it, but he must be I'm sure,
Was told by someone on another forum that her partners MRI results only took 2 weeks, but maybe biopsy might take longer

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2017, 12:03:42 PM »

Why don't you believe him  :-\ - if he tells you that he isn't worried then why would he lie?  Maybe he knows more so is reassured by his care-giver? 

Are you going to the Appt. tomorrow?

jaycee

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2017, 09:06:43 PM »

Oh I don't think he is lying, but he said he wasn't worried before he even had any tests, he is a very positive person, or seems to be, but also a private person, he has had cancer before, and I didn't find out from him, but from a friend of his he doesnt like bothering people with his problems he says
Now hes had the tests and biopsy. I just find it hard to believe that someone cant worry about it
Unfortunately I cant go with him as I have a hospital appointment too ,that I daren't cancel, as I had to cancel my last one, so would be referred back to the Dr,
His daughter is going with him though
I am sure he will tell me when he knows,he wouldn't lie to me about it
Looking on another prostate forum some men have got very quick results, some within days and others after about 10 days

Woodlands

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2017, 12:41:54 AM »

Hi there.
I have had biopsies for breast pumps, uterine tissue and blood tests for ? Ovarian cancer ...another one due.
I am like your partner ....very positive i don't think of it until the results come....then if it's hard news I would deal with it .....no point worrying if it may not be necessary
Woodlands

jaycee

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2017, 09:32:38 AM »

Thanks Woodlands. I hope he finds out soon, I am a bit like this myself really, I had to have a pelvic scan and wasn't really worried, just put it out of my mind,
As it turned out all was ok
Since me posting about this he has had a letter with appointment to see his consultant, I will maybe find out today what has been said when he has seen the urologist,
The cancer he had before was bowel cancer ,he stupidly left it too long, and it had got to stage 4,he was very lucky he got through that, and that was because he didn't worry about it, so left it and left it, before seeing the Dr
Its a man thing isn't it I'm sure

CLKD

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2017, 01:11:33 PM »

Are you taking on his perceived worries then?  I get annoyed if Himself tells me that he's OK when he really isn't but I have phobias so it's easier for him not to tell me or I freak  :-\

jaycee

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2017, 07:52:25 PM »

Well partners been to see the urologist,he said he just had a blood test, mentioned some letters, cant remember what, neither could he, he is useless and really needs someone to go with him, the y asked if he was a worrier,he said no,i don't worry about anything
Also the previous cancer was mentioned
That is all I know,he has an appointment on the 20th with consultant so surely he will be told then

jaycee

« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2017, 10:24:58 PM »

Results when partner sees  Consultant next week he has been told,fingers x they are good

CLKD

« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2017, 04:43:07 PM »

I am sure if the results were sinister he would be seen sooner, or that there is no rush to act.  Are you less worried?

peri

« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2017, 04:52:27 PM »

Jaycee don't know if this helps but my friend had an mri scan this week, and they phoned her to come in for her results 3 days later.  Unfortunately, it wasn't good news and we're all a bit upset.  However, my point is if it was bad news I'm sure they would have been in touch with your partner by now x

jaycee

« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2017, 09:52:12 PM »

*PERI* So sorry about your friend, how awful, i hope she comes through ok in the end
*CKLD* I am sure you are right, didnt think of it that way,
It does make me feel better, but i have read of these things taking so long, but maybe that is why he is not too worried, but he is also waiting for an op on his prostate, so maybe he will find out when that that will be,
Thank you all anyway for your thoughts,will update when i know anymore
Although apparently some prostate cancers are just left on a watch and wait  kind of thing as they are so slow growing,
« Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 09:53:49 PM by jaycee »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8