Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Symptoms  (Read 2180 times)

Balissymo

Symptoms
« on: November 05, 2017, 05:06:44 PM »

Hi all, sorry to keep asking but does anyone else feel worse in the morning?? I wake up then after a while I feel jittery like my body can't stop shaking I get clumsy and I'm more on edge and this normally happens until I eat something (I'm always hungry at the moment to  ;D) also when I feel intense heat (hot flush) I then feel extremely cold is this anything I feel like I'm a hypochondriac!!!!  :) xx

Peri-wrecked

Re: Symptoms
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2017, 05:56:00 PM »

Balissymo, I've read your posts andi must admit you sound just like me. Only thing is that I am 35 and still havent figured this out. However, the ladies on here are very informative and many have gone through this already so hopefully they will come along and givr suggestions. Unfortunately, ny age is against me so I'm not being taken seriously. Hopefully, your gp will be more helpful. I hope things easw for you soon. I know how awful it all feels.

dazned

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2017, 07:39:24 PM »

Yes cortisol is high in morning which can lead to anxiety etc. Try eating little and often to keep your sugar levels more even. Try having a small snack and milky drink before bed it might help.
Also have you had your thyroid checked recently ? Hope you settle soon.

Meg

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2017, 01:34:48 AM »

My morning anxiety is frightening at the moment.  Now 63 and thirteen years past last period.  This is definitely one of the most difficult symptoms to deal with.  It is a feeling best described as fear, feeling wired.  I feels like I am coming off some addictive substance, like a withdrawal, though fortunately I have not in actual fact had to withdraw from a drug.  It all seems to stem from my middle and I can get shaking and having to 'walk' with my legs.  Absolutely horrible way to keep waking up.  Must be adrenaline.

Meg

Balissymo

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2017, 05:49:24 PM »

Thanks guys it dose feel awful at time so glad I found this group  :D x

Angel1964

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2019, 07:23:14 AM »

Hi all, sorry to keep asking but does anyone else feel worse in the morning?? I wake up then after a while I feel jittery like my body can't stop shaking I get clumsy and I'm more on edge and this normally happens until I eat something (I'm always hungry at the moment to  ;D) also when I feel intense heat (hot flush) I then feel extremely cold is this anything I feel like I'm a hypochondriac!!!!  :) xx

I, like many, could have written this. But evenings it all goes away. To then start again on waking!!! xx
« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 09:12:28 AM by Angel1964 »

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2019, 04:13:34 PM »

I was like that, I seriously thought I had Parkinson's,
which my mom had, my hands would just shake, & I felt jittery inside,
it would ease off if I eat breakfast, but tbh, I was all over the place back then,
and my eating was rubbish, all due to anxiety.
It only comes now very occasionally, which I thank god for, all you can do is keep your blood sugar up. Eat at regular intervals.......xx

AG

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2019, 07:48:53 PM »

Yes, I have had this pretty badly most of 2018 on and off, likely due to cortisol surges and just generally, everything being "out of kilter" due to hormone fluctuations. I still get this at times, but it appears to become now milder. One thing that helps most is for me to exercise, and I try to walk to work most days (total of 1h walk a day). I have had to drastically reduce coffee, and also tea, and that also helped. After eating breakfast it improved, exactly like you. It has become milder now (I am nearly 49, late peri, periods many months apart if ever again) and I do get the impression it is improving slowly now but generally this has been a horrible thing.
I also try to take deep breaths and try and keep calm and that helps but it is not easy. It may also be worth getting a blood test to check thyroid function, iron, and vitamin D3 levels in particular. I wish you all the best and hope things improve for you soon. AG