Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Getting through the fog  (Read 1729 times)

LOLLI

• First Flush
Getting through the fog
« on: November 16, 2017, 07:21:23 PM »

Hello, First time, not sure where to start, I have logged on and just sat, not sure where to begin.

I believed I was going through the menopause late last year, but tried to set it aside as I was caring for my sick mother every spare moment and more.
Sadly this June she passed away which resulted in shock ( I was led to believe she would pass in Dec/Jan, was not prepared) anxiety and tears.

Along with no periods for over a year, a racing heart, lack of sleeping, hot flushes, aches, low mood, breaking out is tears whenever I talk about the menopause or Mum, my GP suggested anti depressants (which I declined).
I have purchased some "special over the counter vits" to support my hormonal balance, however I feel like I am trapped in the fog with no direction.

I have read many reports, I just do not know where to begin or what my options are?

A friend suggested this site, hopefully I will find some clarity, as I get through the many articles and posts.

Thank you for letting me rant!

Lolli

robotwars

Re: Getting through the fog
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2017, 08:23:12 PM »

You rant away, what you will find is that there are so many people in the same position as you and this  forum is great for that, plus if you look at the tabs above you can look at all the treatment options above, this is a good starting point,
Welcome to the forum. :) :) :) :) :) :) :)[move][/move]
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 08:24:46 PM by robotwars »

Kathleen

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2017, 09:00:57 AM »

Hello LOLLI and welcome to the forum.

You are in good company here.  The ladies on this site have all the advice and sympathy needed to get you through this challenging time. They have provided invaluable help to me and and I'm sure it will be the same for you.

Take care and keep posting.

K.

Dotty

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2017, 09:05:52 AM »

Hi Lolli

I feel the same as you. X

Yammy1

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2017, 12:29:16 PM »

H lolli, I feel your pain, my Dad passed away last January and it's really really hard. I was very close to him and my anxiety has gone through the roof. I can't advise you on hrt as I tried it and it wasn't for me. I am currently on ads, very low dose 5mg citalopram, it's only day five and I'm extremely anxious but was assured this would last fie a week or two before it kicks in. Please talk to your doctor and see what's best for you. It's hard enough going through menopause without grieving the loss of a loved one. THis site is full of supportive ladies and really helps

LOLLI

• First Flush
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2017, 05:53:01 PM »

Thank you ladies for taking the time to feedback a little advice. Knowing there is a support network of women who are experiencing the same helps me to feel normal, whatever that is!
I am working my way through the reports, advice and options to hopefully find some clarity and motivation to move forward.
One day at a time ...........................................

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2017, 05:54:43 PM »

Browse round.  Make notes.

When you feel ready, have a chat with your local Cruse office for bereavement support.

dazned

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2017, 06:33:07 PM »

So sorry to hear that you suddenly lost your mum earlier this year 😢
I'm sure that shock and grieving is adding to how you are feeling. Try and speak to someone about this ,Cruse maybe as CLKD suggested. Go back discuss with gp perhaps a short course of AD would help you,never underestimate how much grief can sometimes present itself in physical symptoms.