Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: Over Active Thyroid?  (Read 1662 times)

Kathleen

Over Active Thyroid?
« on: November 15, 2017, 03:27:08 PM »

Hello ladies.

A friend suggested to me that a lot of my problems could be due to an over active Thyroid and when I looked on the NHS site a lot of the symptoms match how I'm feeling but could also be menopausal. I can't get an appointment with my GP until the middle of  December so no chance of a blood test until then.

Can I ask for your experiences please ladies? I understand that thyroid problems are very common in our age group and anyone with an auto immune condition is more likely to need monitoring but despite being diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis in 2010 a thyroid blood test has never been suggested.

As always I value your opinions and look forward to learning more as I may need to mention it to my doctor.

Thank you for reading and take care all.

K.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Over Active Thyroid?
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2017, 08:41:30 PM »

If you put in 'thyroid' or 'Hasimotos' into the search box you might get a start on what symptoms can cause which feelings?

Did you make the appt., maybe ring to see if you can see the Phlebotomist and bi-pass the GP so that you have a blood test in hand?  Or have a word with your local Pharmacist?

Annie0710

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2017, 08:51:56 PM »

If you are able to, Bluehorizon are very good and they send everything out by post for you to give a sample.  They test the whole caboodle of thyroid which gps don't for about £69 x

Kathleen

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2017, 02:15:44 PM »

Hello ladies and many thanks for responding.

I've looked on various sites and I have some of the symptoms of an over active thyroid.

Annie0710 -  I have never heard of Bluehorizon so that's very interesting and I will certainly look into it.

Thanks again ladies and wishing you well.

K.

Annie0710

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2017, 04:36:24 PM »

I used them and they even test thyroid antibodies x

Kathleen

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2017, 05:47:07 PM »

Hello Annie0710.

Thank you Annie that's good to know.

Take care.

K.