Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Internal Shaking and Quivering.  (Read 65495 times)

Daisydot

Re: Internal Shaking and Quivering.
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2018, 03:11:50 PM »

Yes wendywoo all of the above listen to your gps advice she obviously knows enough when she's referring you here for some clarity on which route to take.
I've been through all the stuff your telling us and I actually lasted it out pretty well considering but I had no quality of life and when I got to the severe va and urogenital stuff enough was enough,don't let it go that far see your lady gp again and agree on a suitable hrt for you,I've been back on hrt (after an absence of a good 5-6 years I think)memory's not so good as you know lol)for around 3 months now it's still early days but the improvements are great for me,small steps till you get a suitable regime but go for it.good luck you'll get there xx

Wendywoo

« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2018, 03:33:06 PM »

Hi Daisy Dot, Thank you for replying, it has given me hope all will be ok in the end, I was put on HRT patches when I had the hysterectomy, unfortunately I reacted badly and was told I couldn't tolerate HRT, I am hoping to get to see the same doctor next week after my blood test results are back, she was lovely and so understanding. I have always suffered from anxiety but until recently I have rarely had any problems, I go to meetings, have to deal with some really intense situations in my job, it is very people focused. I have read that some people have had to give  up work because the symptoms have become unbearable, I do not want this to happen and cannot afford to stop working, I have read that Yoga and mindfullness meditations are good, I might look into this too. In the past I used to take Menopace, I think I should start to again :)

Daisydot

« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2018, 03:42:04 PM »

wait till your blood test results come back Wendy then discuss with your lovely gp,that's an advantage you have already over a lot of us so treasure her.yoga and mindfullness will be a huge benefit to you as will exercise and healthy eating plan,use every trick in the book to keep yourself positive and be patient give stuff time to work and you'll get through it.good luck xx

Wendywoo

« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2018, 04:01:25 PM »

Thank you, I will do my best, I am not at all hungry at the moment, hardly eating anything, which does not help, I have a lot of food  and allergies and intolerances, this has also been a factor since I started going through the menopause. x

Kathleen

« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2018, 12:44:02 PM »

Hello Wendywoo and welcome to the forum.

I am sorry that you are suffering and you have my sympathy.

I find that the low appetite and loss of interest in food goes hand in hand with the internal shaking sensation, or they could both be the result of anxiety.  A friend of mine also experienced food allergies and intolerances with the menopause and she is being referred for testing.

Wishing you well and keep posting.

K.

Rustysmum

« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2018, 09:12:08 AM »

Was so pleased to find this as the internal vibrating has suddenly started coming on in the middle of the night for me and waking me up. I used to get it, but much milder as I was falling asleep a few years ago but it quickly vanished. I have just become officially post meno so suppose it could be something to do with that as the heart palpitations and skin problems have gone bananas too.
How are you doing now Wendywoo?
« Last Edit: June 27, 2018, 10:02:12 AM by Rustysmum »

Angel1964

« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2018, 12:45:15 PM »

Hi Kathleen,

Just wanted to say you are not alone in this strange and bizarre feeling. I have had it now for 3 months after coming off HRT and it was extremely scary at first, sets your mind racing with all sorts of mad thoughts! I have to say I tend to not google my symptoms and come straight to this forum, as I think you can self diagnose yourself with something hideous. I find that moving around helps with my internal shaking, I sometimes just do some gentle stretching or just a walk round the garden. Also drink plenty of water too and practice some breathing exercise's. Acceptance I think is key, if you can get your head around it mentally then I think it helps, as we can magnify things if we then stress over what our bodies are doing to us. I really hope you are feeling better and be assured again you are not alone. Menopause is still such an unknown quantity and not enough is reported on all the other weird symptoms us women can experience - it's not all about hot flushes and middle age spread!!

sending you a big hug..... :)

Hi I've been off HRT patches since last Thursday. I am post menopause. Feel so rough it's untrue. Internal shaking throughout especially right arm and left face cheek twitches!!  Feel so unwell at times. Is this all due to lack of hormones now?

Kathleen

« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2018, 04:04:24 PM »

Hello ladies.

My internal shaking has always been, well internal. It's centred in my stomach and abdomen and it sets off my anxiety. When the horrible feeling stops, which it does at random times I feel normal again. I used to have strong heart palpitations but thankfully they have now reduced to a flutter but lately the strange shaking has moved to my thighs. I briefly wondered if I was developing Parkinsons Disease but I'm over that worry now lol.  These jittery sensations have plagued me through meno and I have spent so much time  trying to cope with them that I don't have the energy to worry about  anything else. Every cloud and all that eh ladies!

Rustymum -  My shaking has always been during the day, a  little in the morning then becoming more intense as the day wears on. I assume tiredness plays a  part and usually by about 8PM it all stops and I feel better.

Angel 1964 - I think lack of oestrogen is responsible for your shaking and twitching so definitely hormonal.

I wish our bodies would just adapt to the new, low oestrogen arrangement and get on with things instead of complaining all the time.

Sorry I can't be of more help ladies but I do sympathise.

Take care everyone and sending hugs.

K.

Angel1964

« Reply #38 on: October 18, 2018, 05:46:57 PM »

Thanks Kathleen much appreciated.  Today I'm freezing but at night I'm too hot. So yes definitely think it's a lack of hormones I'm not getting now. xx

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #39 on: October 18, 2018, 10:38:17 PM »

I get internal shaking.
I've always thought it was my anxiety, I had it a couple of nights ago.
It strikes at any time, sometimes when I'm talking to someone, it's so hard to hide it,
it's almost like im freezing cold and dithering.
I was talking to a very nice man with my OH, at the park with our dogs, not long ago,
and we were having a lovely chat and a laugh, and it hit me, I just started to shake, like I was freezing cold. It's really weird.
Just another meno symptom, No one ever told me about.

Snoooze

« Reply #40 on: October 19, 2018, 09:27:04 PM »

I get internal shaking.
I've always thought it was my anxiety, I had it a couple of nights ago.
It strikes at any time, sometimes when I'm talking to someone, it's so hard to hide it,
it's almost like im freezing cold and dithering.
I was talking to a very nice man with my OH, at the park with our dogs, not long ago,
and we were having a lovely chat and a laugh, and it hit me, I just started to shake, like I was freezing cold. It's really weird.
Just another meno symptom, No one ever told me about.
[/quote

I get that. I put it down to my anxiety also but it's a weird feeling.

Sally S

« Reply #41 on: October 19, 2018, 09:44:27 PM »

Sounds like something similar to what I had too!  It was about 4 years ago and it was always in the night, I'd wake up very hot and I'd feel as if all of the upper half of my body was pulsating and especially centred round my chest/stomach area and I also had bad tinnitis with it that was pulsing  - it was very unnerving.  Once I'd cooled down the pulsing stopped stopped. Hot showers late at night made it worse.  I had sinus issues at the time so it may have been due to this as well.  You're certainly not alone with it. X

Kathleen

« Reply #42 on: October 20, 2018, 03:35:31 PM »

Hello again ladies.

Many thanks for your comments, it's such a comfort to know that we are not alone with this especially as I've got the quivers big time today!

Wishing you all well ladies and sending hugs ( shaky ones unfortunately lol ).

K.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #43 on: October 20, 2018, 04:14:19 PM »

I answered your other thread  :-\  I think  ???

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #44 on: October 20, 2018, 08:07:49 PM »

Kathleen - did you begin another thread or do we have another Kathleen  :-\
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4