Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Internal Shaking and Quivering.  (Read 65477 times)

Kathleen

Internal Shaking and Quivering.
« on: October 09, 2017, 08:30:40 AM »

Hello Ladies.

The worst menopause symptom for me is the internal shaking and quivery feeling I get several times a day. It is mentioned in my trusty menopause book and I know other ladies have experienced it ( I've often quoted the MM poster who said it was as if she had swallowed a large mobile phone that is stuck on vibrate).  My question is do any of you ladies know of a way to eradicate it or at least tone it down?  I am very stressed at the moment and anything I could do to calm down would help.

Thanks for reading and take care all.

K.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Internal Shaking and Quivering.
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2017, 04:30:13 PM »

Have a  :bighug:  not something I've suffered from (yet). 

LizzyD

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2017, 10:07:10 PM »

Hi Kathleen....
My first post on here.....not the worst symptom in my case (hot flushes and sweats - horrible, embarrassing and exhausting!)  but I know exactly how you feel!
I think I single-handedly keep Bachs rescue remedy in business!
I do know it must be caused by hormonal ups and downs but it's a horrible feeling.
Hope you feel better soon and something helps.

This can't go on forever can it?????

Jocharle

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2017, 09:52:18 AM »

Hi Kathleen,

Just wanted to say you are not alone in this strange and bizarre feeling. I have had it now for 3 months after coming off HRT and it was extremely scary at first, sets your mind racing with all sorts of mad thoughts! I have to say I tend to not google my symptoms and come straight to this forum, as I think you can self diagnose yourself with something hideous. I find that moving around helps with my internal shaking, I sometimes just do some gentle stretching or just a walk round the garden. Also drink plenty of water too and practice some breathing exercise's. Acceptance I think is key, if you can get your head around it mentally then I think it helps, as we can magnify things if we then stress over what our bodies are doing to us. I really hope you are feeling better and be assured again you are not alone. Menopause is still such an unknown quantity and not enough is reported on all the other weird symptoms us women can experience - it's not all about hot flushes and middle age spread!!

sending you a big hug..... :)

Woodlands

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2017, 09:04:16 PM »

Hi Kathleen.
Firstly sending you a big hug.
I had this some time ago too, worse on waking initially and took ages to improve. I tracked some of it back to assuming I had low blood sugar....not diabetic but an ex nurse....so I started to have a couple of visits , crackers, or toast before bed....hey presto much less in the morning. I avoided all alcohol, caffeine etc which speed metabolism.....
Now I am fine. I use mindfulness too..... close your eyes think only of what you hear and smell....it chills anyone out.
Woodlands xx

lifeatfifty

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2017, 05:33:25 PM »

Hi Kathleen,

Is the shaking all over, just like low blood sugar (as mentioned by Woodlands) or do you feel the shaking comes from you core or even your uterus?

Let me know as I may have a very simple exercise that helps.

DeniseC

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2017, 07:15:49 PM »

Hi Kathleen, I have the same shaking feeling inside and fully understand how you feel. For me I am open with all my friends and work colleagues and tell them when I feel shaky inside,  that way I'm less conscious of anybody looking at me and even make a joke of it.

dont be afraid to ask your GP for help with the symptoms if they make your day difficult to get through. Xx

Kathleen

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2017, 05:10:26 PM »

Hello lladies.

Thank you all so much for your replies. I should've responded sooner but I lost track of this thread and have only just re discovered it.

It helps so much to know that other women understand how I  feel and realise how distressing this sensation is. I've had the jitters, palps and flushy feelings all day today and I am beyond fed up with it!

DeniseC. - I have an appointment to see my GP in ten days so I will definitely mention it then.

Lifeatfifty - I am  intrigued by your comments about an exercise that could help and would love to hear more about it.

Many thanks again ladies and wishing everyone well.

K.

Daisydot

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2017, 05:18:51 PM »

Hi Kathleen I a,so had the mobile phono vibrations that you are speaking about its more common than people realise.I went to see my chiropractor one day and mentioned it and he just gave that blank look so anyway long story short my pelvis was twisted and one leg was noticible longer than the other so after a couple of afpdjustments by him hey presto it was gone,what a relief it was as its so distracting and annoying and your scared about what's going on,that was over two months ago and touch wood no more vibrations so maybe worth trying a few pelvic tilt exercises and stretching from you tube.see if that helps or visit a physio for advice.good luck xx

Kathleen

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2017, 06:03:26 PM »

Hello  Daisydot.

Thank you for your comments, very interesting and I will certainly give your suggestions a try.

So pleased it worked for you and wishing you well.

K

Shardave

• First Flush
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2017, 10:26:28 PM »

Hi Kathleen
I had this really badly for sometime about 18 months ago, I was on HRT at the time then came off for a spell, even ended up being referred to a neurologist, as it was quite bizarre. Of course I googled and thought I had everything going! Incidentally the neurologist gave me something to help me sleep which helped and said he had come across is before but couldn't give me an explanation.
It started after I had a really bad 'virus' which was also unexplained that went on for months that led to labyrinthitis, affecting my balance, giving me headaches, fuzzy heads, etc I thought I was going quite mad, with the strangest of symptoms, also put the vibrations down to a trapped nerve in my neck as it felt like I was physically shaking or vibrating inside down through my spine, mostly when I was lying down, and very definitely when I woke suddenly at night.
I thought it was mostly down to stress, as this can be a symptom, also blood sugar, etc etc etc etc, I took some comfort when I found ( after googling) that there are so many people who suffer the same symptoms !
I still occasionally get them, just try to ignore it and not get myself so panicked, as anxiety can make it worse.
You are not alone, so knowing this, I hope it helps, distraction I think is probably the best thing although at 3am in the morning it can be very scary.
I had numerous blood tests, but as the health service only usually offer one test at a time, I got frustrated with thinking I would have to go back for more😩
Good luck and keep us posted and try to chill!

Kathleen

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2017, 09:30:34 AM »

Hello Shardave.

Thank you for your interesting post. Was your shaking sensation with you constantly or did it come and go?  Mine is definitely worse in the morning which isn't helped by the higher cortisol levels that we all experience at that time of day. I also had Labyrinthitis at the beginning of my meno journey and I understand it is quite common.

I'm pleased to see that you are managing your symptoms so well.

Take care.

K.

Shardave

• First Flush
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2017, 05:40:10 PM »

Hi Kathleen
Mine was worse when I woke, but also quite bad when tired in the evening, when I used to lie back on the sofa I could feel it start😕 It definitely helped with the sleeping tabs, it definitely seems a nerve type symptom, very odd but like I said seems to be suffered by many!

Kathleen

« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2017, 06:15:52 PM »

Hello Shardave.

Thank you for your response. When I see my GP I'll mention the possibility of nerve pain and see what he says.

Thanks again.

K.

AstroCat

« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2017, 07:46:58 PM »

Good Grief! Yet another bizarre symptom which I believe I have also experienced but had not even thought to associate with the menopause. I haven't had this for a while though. It was most strange, I ride a motorbike to work and keep my mobile phone in the left breast pocket of my bike jacket. I would often get to work convinced that someone had tried calling my phone as I would feel a similar vibrating sensation coming from that area. It was only when it then started to happen when I was playing the piano sometimes, that I realised it was something else causing it. As I say, not had this for a while now and hopefully won't have again. I found it quite disconcerting.
Love this forum for being able to find this kind of stuff out.  :)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4