Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Pain in eye!  (Read 2536 times)

Butterfly22

Pain in eye!
« on: August 31, 2017, 12:23:56 PM »

The last week I've had awful headaches, but today I woke up and it's right in my eye and painful when I press it! Are these type of headaches something to worry about,? I'm into my second month of premairn xx

Annie0710

Re: Pain in eye!
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2017, 12:47:53 PM »

Lil I would phone your optician and explain, just to be on the safe side x

Butterfly22

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2017, 01:35:15 PM »

Ah thank you ladies good idea I never thought try optician xxx

bramble

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2017, 01:45:09 PM »

Could be a cluster headache but get checked by optician first. They can either then refer you to the hospital eye clinic or say to see your doctor. If it is a cluster headache then only thing that helps is strong painkillers.

Bramble

Butterfly22

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2017, 01:58:51 PM »

I feel like pulling my eyeball out and letting the air to it if that makes sense!
I'll pop to optician tomorrow xxx

Nin17

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2017, 03:26:22 PM »

Hi lil, sorry to hear the pain has moved into the eye. This eye pain is common with migraine and I've had spells of of over the last year and neuro has advised unfortunately its part of a migtane, a sympthons. I too had my eyes checked and all was OK. I know the pain is bad at times, I had dreams of lifting my eye out with a fork. I have found by monitoring my eye pain, a trigger has been the blue light from TV so at times I wear migraine relief glasses and they help. Hope you are getting some relief from it and got some positive reassurance from optician. Take care xx

JaneinPen

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2017, 03:58:24 PM »

I too have had sharp pains in the side of my head and my eye. Optician was great Lil22 and did a thorough check. He said everything was fine so that was a relief

Yammy1

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2017, 04:02:15 PM »

migraine sometimes causes eye pain, hopefully it's nothing to worry about, but optician visit a good idea

Butterfly22

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2017, 06:20:59 AM »

Hi lil, sorry to hear the pain has moved into the eye. This eye pain is common with migraine and I've had spells of of over the last year and neuro has advised unfortunately its part of a migtane, a sympthons. I too had my eyes checked and all was OK. I know the pain is bad at times, I had dreams of lifting my eye out with a fork. I have found by monitoring my eye pain, a trigger has been the blue light from TV so at times I wear migraine relief glasses and they help. Hope you are getting some relief from it and got some positive reassurance from optician. Take care xx

Oh no, that's awful but good you no what triggers it, I went to bed the other night with a awful headache, dreamt about having a terrible headache and woke up with it.
I did have app at optician but cancelled as was t well.
I've been to the doctors since and trying to sort hrt hopefully may help if not I'll go back to opticians.
It's weird as never use to get migraines until I was pregnant..
Thank you for your help xxx

Butterfly22

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2017, 06:22:08 AM »

I too have had sharp pains in the side of my head and my eye. Optician was great Lil22 and did a thorough check. He said everything was fine so that was a relief

Great you got it checked out, it's awful is t it. Has it settled xxx

Butterfly22

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2017, 06:23:19 AM »

migraine sometimes causes eye pain, hopefully it's nothing to worry about, but optician visit a good idea

Hi yammy I did have app but wasn't well, hopefully when I get settled on a hrt things will settle, xxx

JaneinPen

« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2017, 09:36:57 AM »

Great you got it checked out, it's awful is t it. Has it settled xxx

Yes it did settle after some time thank you