Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: For Ju Ju - re bedroom  (Read 4700 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: For Ju Ju - re bedroom
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2017, 03:44:56 PM »

May I giggle!

Any spiders?  .......... Himself will vacuum the mattress over and under, we have a 7ft x 6ft bed.  On a divan.  He will shove and push so that he reaches underneath.  Moves the bed-side cabinets.   :-* as well as hoovers the shades.  Really does make a difference to my sneezing.

He also has a VAX carpet cleaner but it is too heavy for me to use as well as a steam mop for the hard flooring. 

Would a futon be easier Ju Ju?  They come in various designs but again, are quite heavy.  At least the end can be folded over to hoover underneath.

Bet your parents are tired after the wedding!

Ju Ju

« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2017, 03:55:38 PM »

We simply can't afford a new bed at the moment. We have to consider DHs needs as well as he has a bad back (resulting from falling off the back of his brothers motor bike at 70 miles an hour at age 19! The problems caught up with him in his 40s.) The next bed will be on wheels!

I haven't spoken to Mum and Dad yet, but plan to ring this evening.

CLKD

« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2017, 04:00:36 PM »

There are lots of beds that rise and fall, enabling one to read more comfortably as well as being able to lift head/foot of the mattress in order to get off the bed easier. 

Hope your parents aren't having an early night!

CLKD

« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2017, 04:06:56 PM »

May I borrow it Hope22  :lol: ........ 

Ju Ju

« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2017, 06:53:09 PM »

My DDs partners family have one. DD hated it! When the children lived here there were no spare beds! Very useful. It was sleep on the settee or a blow up mattress. Only those who enjoyed camping and /or our company stayed. It kept less welcome guests at bay!

The bed is back together again! It was easier than taking it apart as we knew how it fitted together. Rehearsal run for when the carpet is cleaned. Now the chest of drawers which is more complicated. When I bought it I had only seen a smaller size and had no idea how big it is or how very heavy. It's lovely, suits our needs, but..... :o moving it!

Pages: 1 [2]