Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
twitter facebook blogger

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Vagifem 10 micrograms been prescribed for help with repeated UTI  (Read 1035 times)

Taz2

Re: Vagifem 10 micrograms been prescribed for help with repeated UTI
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2017, 07:59:09 PM »

I put mine in last thing at night. It doesn't take long to weld itself to the vaginal wall where it is quickly absorbed. You may get a little residue in your knickers in the morning. It's important to put it in as high as you can.

Taz x

Herdwick

« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2017, 09:25:50 PM »

Yes last thing before bed
Menopause from 42 - 50. Have advanced osteoarthritis making everyday tasks a challenge. Try to keep as active as possible

CLKD

« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2017, 09:34:25 PM »

It isn't 'taken' ! but inserted  ;) and do 2 weeks re-load and then as necessary until symptoms are eased.  Some ladies need moisturisers too ...... in the outer and inner areas.
Changes can be scarey, even when we want them!

dahliagirl

« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2017, 10:05:18 PM »

The two week load is important - I fluffed that one up  ::) (but I see it happens a lot...........)

greenECLECtus28

« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2017, 10:28:43 PM »

Thank you ladies  :) you are all so kind to get back so soon this is such a helpful site and itís wonderful how you all share your experiences

So will take it before I go to bed I know  Iíll probably need to take it a bit before it kicks in  but if it helps with these UTIís without me having to constantly take ABís it will be a godsend

Take care

greenECLECtus28

« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2017, 10:43:05 PM »

Thanks Trey for that I will make sure I do this

Thanks

sparkle

• and breathe ...
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2017, 10:44:12 PM »

It certainly is important, I messed around with every two nights at the start and it didn't help.  It was the advice on here that made me do it properly i.e. every night for two weeks that did the trick.  Now I use it every third or fourth night.  I did notice some slight side effects during the two week loading but they subsided once I dropped down to twice a week.

dahliagirl

« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2017, 11:10:19 PM »

It is amazing how many people do that  ;D

I was just given 1 box and instructions 'insert one or two twice weekly', but no further instructions from the GPs.

But in the box, it said to use one/day for the first two weeks - but then I would not have many left  ??? :-\

So I sort of compromised which did not work,  and then saw a GP who said it was a tiny amount, so not to worry and to start again (and put it on repeat for me).

CLKD

« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2017, 03:15:28 PM »

Also I think that Vagifem was 25 MG initially? Some ladies find that they need two inserts each time.
Changes can be scarey, even when we want them!

Suzi Q

« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2017, 03:32:09 PM »

Thank you very much ladies for getting back  :)

All my UTIís have been cultured so we know itís an actual infection rather than just symptoms they are coming back with Ecoli I am just about to finish the course of MacroBid Iíve been on for the last 7 days and picked up the prescription for the Vagifem yesterday normally I would just start it right away but because I had that elevated LFT Iím a bit nervous in fact I am a bit nervous re the LFT result anyway as Iíve been on so many antibiotics since May working out something like 2 prescriptions per month so I am a bit worried there is something going on with my liver but my GP seems to have decided that my tiredness sometimes and the flu like symptoms I was getting sometimes in between the ABís was down to the Ecoli infection and she advised she doesnít think a scan is necessary and to have the test redone in 3 months time but there was talk of putting me on a prophylactic antibiotic for a wee while until all the tests have been done think that was to be Nitrofurantoin again not one of my favourites plus it has it can have serious side effects that have to be kept an eye on and Iíve been a bit coughing on this one but you never know whether itís coincidence as I do have asthma but it is more of an allergic asthma if I come in to contact with anything furry 😀 so on the whole I donít get many issues but I do get the occasional cough.

Certainly looks like the vagifem might be worth a try as as I said previously I havenít had any UTI issues for years itís only been this year Iím 54 and if Iím remembering correctly it will be 2 years this December since my last period when I was a child I was on long term antibiotics because of my condition (Spina Bifida) until I learned to manage the condition when I hit puberty and Iíve only had the odd UTI over the last 30 odd years but itís been all downhill over the last 2 years with various issues my mobility has drastically reduced muscles just not working as well as they were Iím now having to use a stick to walk which I never needed before and in fact due to this and this UTI issue Iíve been off my work since May not good as Iím the only wage earner itís tough being a woman sometimes  ;D

Taz what antibiotic were you on? and how long were you on it Iím assuming they have to put you one that is sensitive to the culture otherwise it wouldnít work.

Iíve to have a cytoscopy as well as an MRI and another ultrasound but canít have the cytoscopy while I still have an infection so that needs to be clear first

Thanks again ladies for all your helpful advice and your own experiences there are no women in my household to discuss these things with 😳  and the girls I work with are much younger!

Id use it myself i do have done since 2010 1 every night.
But if your worried feel scared to use it. Dont delay ring the surgery have a chat ok x
Pages: 1 [2]