Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Vagifem 10 micrograms been prescribed for help with repeated UTI  (Read 6476 times)

JaneinPen

Re: Vagifem 10 micrograms been prescribed for help with repeated UTI
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2017, 09:25:50 PM »

Yes last thing before bed

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2017, 09:34:25 PM »

It isn't 'taken' ! but inserted  ;) and do 2 weeks re-load and then as necessary until symptoms are eased.  Some ladies need moisturisers too ...... in the outer and inner areas.

dahliagirl

« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2017, 10:05:18 PM »

The two week load is important - I fluffed that one up  ::) (but I see it happens a lot...........)

greenECLECtus28

« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2017, 10:28:43 PM »

Thank you ladies  :) you are all so kind to get back so soon this is such a helpful site and it's wonderful how you all share your experiences

So will take it before I go to bed I know  I'll probably need to take it a bit before it kicks in  but if it helps with these UTI's without me having to constantly take AB's it will be a godsend

Take care

greenECLECtus28

« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2017, 10:43:05 PM »

Thanks Trey for that I will make sure I do this

Thanks

dahliagirl

« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2017, 11:10:19 PM »

It is amazing how many people do that  ;D

I was just given 1 box and instructions 'insert one or two twice weekly', but no further instructions from the GPs.

But in the box, it said to use one/day for the first two weeks - but then I would not have many left  ??? :-\

So I sort of compromised which did not work,  and then saw a GP who said it was a tiny amount, so not to worry and to start again (and put it on repeat for me).

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2017, 03:15:28 PM »

Also I think that Vagifem was 25 MG initially? Some ladies find that they need two inserts each time.

Suzi Q

« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2017, 03:32:09 PM »

Thank you very much ladies for getting back  :)

All my UTI's have been cultured so we know it's an actual infection rather than just symptoms they are coming back with Ecoli I am just about to finish the course of MacroBid I've been on for the last 7 days and picked up the prescription for the Vagifem yesterday normally I would just start it right away but because I had that elevated LFT I'm a bit nervous in fact I am a bit nervous re the LFT result anyway as I've been on so many antibiotics since May working out something like 2 prescriptions per month so I am a bit worried there is something going on with my liver but my GP seems to have decided that my tiredness sometimes and the flu like symptoms I was getting sometimes in between the AB's was down to the Ecoli infection and she advised she doesn't think a scan is necessary and to have the test redone in 3 months time but there was talk of putting me on a prophylactic antibiotic for a wee while until all the tests have been done think that was to be Nitrofurantoin again not one of my favourites plus it has it can have serious side effects that have to be kept an eye on and I've been a bit coughing on this one but you never know whether it's coincidence as I do have asthma but it is more of an allergic asthma if I come in to contact with anything furry 😀 so on the whole I don't get many issues but I do get the occasional cough.

Certainly looks like the vagifem might be worth a try as as I said previously I haven't had any UTI issues for years it's only been this year I'm 54 and if I'm remembering correctly it will be 2 years this December since my last period when I was a child I was on long term antibiotics because of my condition (Spina Bifida) until I learned to manage the condition when I hit puberty and I've only had the odd UTI over the last 30 odd years but it's been all downhill over the last 2 years with various issues my mobility has drastically reduced muscles just not working as well as they were I'm now having to use a stick to walk which I never needed before and in fact due to this and this UTI issue I've been off my work since May not good as I'm the only wage earner it's tough being a woman sometimes  ;D

Taz what antibiotic were you on? and how long were you on it I'm assuming they have to put you one that is sensitive to the culture otherwise it wouldn't work.

I've to have a cytoscopy as well as an MRI and another ultrasound but can't have the cytoscopy while I still have an infection so that needs to be clear first

Thanks again ladies for all your helpful advice and your own experiences there are no women in my household to discuss these things with 😳  and the girls I work with are much younger!

Id use it myself i do have done since 2010 1 every night.
But if your worried feel scared to use it. Dont delay ring the surgery have a chat ok x
Pages: 1 [2]