Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: any one taking flaxseed ?  (Read 5700 times)

pebbles

any one taking flaxseed ?
« on: July 22, 2017, 08:27:53 PM »

For a number of reasons I don't want to take HRT and I am trying to start eating healthily.
My last period was March and have had not PMS symptoms since then (the awful headaches that i did have for days just before my period had gone).
However I started taking flax seed about two months ago but surprise surprise I got a period last month also since then I have really tender swollen sore breasts that have not resolved.
Is there anyway the flax seed is increasing my hormone levels? I was also having the odd flush at night but I have had none recently. It is driving me crazy because I look top heavy and my bras don't fit.
even lying on my side is painful. has anyone else experienced anything similar ?
thanks.

pebbles

Re: any one taking flaxseed ?
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2017, 09:09:05 PM »

No period only finished two weeks ago - grr thought they had gone !

Dancinggirl

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2017, 10:32:40 PM »

Pebbles - don't blame the flaxseeds, they are good for you but won't stop or cause meno symptoms. The peri stage is tough because it's common to get long gaps between periods and periods can be longer, heavier or lighter. We are all different and unfortunately we are not told about what expect when meno hits. That's why this site is fab.  DG x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2017, 02:08:55 PM »

It's most likely 2B your hormones, not anything you have eaten.  I saw a field of white flax growing this morning and have lots of blue across our plot, it won't grow where I seed it though  ::) [I also have a book about how flax was grown at Sandringham ;-) ].

I tried it years ago but couldn't crush it no how, ended up putting it out for the birds and buying a bread that had flax and pumpkin seeds in it, it didn't keep long though B4 going mouldy but was very tasty.

My periods were intermittent for several years B4 they disappeared  ::) I would have gaps for several months then 2/3 light bleeds and another gap ........

pebbles

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2017, 07:11:23 PM »

ok thanks everyone. I will keep taking it lol !
I am taking that many different things i don't know what is working and what isn't lol.
My low mood and lack of confidence seems persistent though.
I really don't want to go back on antidepressants though as I just didn't like how they made me feel.
I was hoping that by improving my diet that this would help - fingers crossed.
Good luck to everyone and thanks again : )

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2017, 07:14:06 PM »

It can take a while for the gut to process anything new passing by ;-).

The bread begins with a 'B' I think, ? Bergen? ....... tasted OK to me!

pebbles

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2017, 08:09:57 PM »

I have just ordered sage tablets as I read that they can help sore boobs & low mood !
I am taking so many tablets I must be rattling LOL !
I also take evening primrose oil which is supposed to help sore boobs so i might stop taking that when the sage arrives.
The only one that I know makes a difference to me is the magnesium, I sleep so much better taking this and when I do wake up (usually for bathroom) I can get to sleep again.
Am ever the optimist that one day I will feel normal again : (

lesley998

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2017, 04:31:40 PM »

Just caught up with this thread.  I make flaxseed 'bread' (linseed) and it's fab with Philly cheese! I also like it with marmite...but I'm a weirdo  ;D

CLKD - I buy golden linseeds from Asda and crush them in my grinder to a powder. I used to buy flaxseed from Costco but it goes rancid really really quickly after the pack is opened, even if kept in fridge..so was a bit of a waste of money.  Now I just grind what I need.

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2017, 05:45:29 PM »

I LOVE Marmite but with flax seed or is that with Philly cheese  ;D

I used to buy 'bergen' bread but it didn't keep.  Now I eat a good quality muesli (Lizi's) with a dash of milk for breakfast.

FionaH

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2017, 06:14:37 PM »

I was taking Flax seed oil capsules for about 3 months but they didn't do anything for my symptoms but I've read reviews saying how it has helped women going through the menopause.............just didn't work for me.