Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Overwhelmed with fear.  (Read 16056 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Overwhelmed with fear.
« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2017, 11:58:26 AM »

When we reach certain ages many of these conditions are checked by the NHS automatically.  Maybe have a chat with your Practice Nurse with a list of your health concerns jessie and find out which and when you are entitled to have these tests.  I get a bowel screening test as well as a smear test regularly.  Men get various health tests free when they reach appropriate ages.

Fear can overwhelm me within seconds - without my emergency pill I wouldn't be sitting here  :'(

You shouldn't have to pay for tests/medications.  Gut problems are common during The Change.  As oestrogen levels drop off muscles may become lax = aches and pains as well as hiatus hernia - which allows food to pass back up to the throat with added acids.  Looking at the over-all diet and when the sufferer eats and add to that how close to bed time they eat/drink can ease symptoms.  For me several Rennies eases the awful reflux when it hits and I rarely eat or take my tablets within an hour of bed time.  Grazing can help stop reflux as the stomach/gut are 'full' all the time.

If you use the search button for 'reflux' for example you should find all the appropriate threads  ::)
« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 09:28:34 PM by CLKD »

Yammy1

« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2017, 12:30:41 PM »

Went to shops earlier and felt dizzy nauseous and lightheaded couldn't get home quick enough, for me this is the worst symptom and the one that makes me panic the most. I have never passed out but the fear of it happening freaks me out

paisley

« Reply #32 on: August 07, 2017, 01:58:28 PM »

Yammy1
I just wanted to say you are not alone. I feel like that too. I haven't passed out yet but feel like I am going to. Hate feeling like that. Puts you of going out doesn't it

CLKD

« Reply #33 on: August 07, 2017, 02:01:55 PM »

Yep.  My gut goes first followed by thighs - weak and wobbly followed by calves and shins ........ I had to ask a Chemist 4 their loo many years ago, they were less than impressed.  After some deep breathing on my part the feelings passed.  PHEW!

Roseneath

« Reply #34 on: August 07, 2017, 02:13:45 PM »

WOW your experiences totally mirror mine. Anxiety has creot up on my for about 5 years; kicked in when I realised how much my kids depended on me. The root of my fear is that I die before they grown up; particularly with my son who is very sensitive and worried something might happen to me. I used to go through patches of worry with peaks every few months. I would have one 'fear' cehcked out then bam a few days later another one would rear its head; just as real and ugly to me. I now think it has taken over my life and my nightmare with HRT has dumped more terrible symptoms.  I think part of me is addicted to worry, almost 'needs' it.  I look around the street and see all these happy people are feel desperate  but also very selfish & weak.

Yammy1

« Reply #35 on: August 07, 2017, 02:44:46 PM »

Roseneath I do the same looking at 'normal ' people, but we really don't know what is going on in other people's head. I truly wish this anxiety would disappear and leave me alone, I get really tired and down with it. Like you I worry about my kids. I have a 26 year old daughter who has a 3 year old son and herself  and her partner are saving for a house and with prices going up on a weekly basis I worry they will never get on the property ladder. My other daughter is 14 and a bit of a worrier which makes me worry about her. I just wish at 53 my life would be less stressful and can only hope this meno ends soon

rebel2

« Reply #36 on: August 07, 2017, 03:12:57 PM »

Oh dear.  We are in a state.  I am really, really struggling today.  It comes over me in waves, then I get a grip, but it is always in the background and makes me want to scream or throw things.   It is fear.  We are having a really bad time at the moment with financial issues, potential house sale and loads of other little things which all appear to have collided and bashed into me at the same time.

Trouble is my self-esteem is so low I somehow feel I deserve all this bad luck and therefore I will turn out to be seriously ill with something and unable to cope. 

I know I'm not alone, but I feel like a total nutcase at the moment.  What if.. what if.. what if... yes it is serious... can't cope.   That's my thought process. 

At least I've got you lot!

Yammy1

« Reply #37 on: August 07, 2017, 03:48:54 PM »

So sorry rebel2, it's hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel, but we have to believe it will all work out in the not too distant future, sending hugs :bighug:

CLKD

« Reply #38 on: August 07, 2017, 09:30:52 PM »

No one deserves anything, bad luck, good luck, good health etc..   We have to work at being the best we can be today!  When deeply depressed I worried about my Mum dying, she was approaching 70 and people die at 70 don't they  :-\ but she's now 90  ::).  It was right inside my chest, this worry that she would dye B4 she was old enough ........

I watch others in queues and wonder how they are really coping. 

Roseneath

« Reply #39 on: September 11, 2017, 01:24:29 PM »

I just wanted to add a glimmer of light into the gloom. I have figured our that with me the gloom has a definate cycle.  I have a week when I get so worked up, have bad gas both ends, don't sleep well, think I have everything going, am on ' Dr Google' all the time. Then I make a Docs appointment but they can't fit me in for a week ( I swear they have a list of hypochondriac numbers and put me off!). Them bam by the time the appointment comes up I feel better, I cancel the appointment. The I have a good 10 days when I feel great, the 'old me' almost, less worry, more calm., go jogging, no gas, .but then Bam (today) it's all back again..the burping, head spinning, checking a mole that looks angry bla bla.
I am sure there are certain food that make the gas worse though....for me bread, wine, anything fried. I have been taking Ranitidine which seems to have been working OK but I think when the hormones or whatever strikes me the peri-menopasue cloak of doom comes over again.  So the tips on keeping a diary are really useful.

CLKD

« Reply #40 on: September 11, 2017, 02:32:24 PM »

Maybe keeping a mood/food/symptom diary would be useful? 

imgeha

« Reply #41 on: September 11, 2017, 06:42:53 PM »

I have just read through this whole thread and feel a whole lot more normal! I relate totally to blind and doomy panic about the latest health scare, obsessive fear of death, and losing days, weeks, months of my life to this state. It is so miserable. Interesting about the connection with OCD, which fits in with other pieces of the jigsaw of falling oestrogen and copper. I too wonder whether this worrying will actually abate after menopause or whether we are stuck with it for the rest of our lives. I don't actually think I can bear it.

rebel2

« Reply #42 on: September 12, 2017, 11:45:33 AM »

Glad we helped imgeha!   I am really struggling at the moment -after a bout of stomach issues over several weeks I am now struggling with continual panic attacks that come like waves, starting in my gut.   I cannot seem to switch of the constant 'what if' in my head and now, to top it all, I can't sleep for more than an hour or so and am awake with waves of panic/adrenaline for hours in the night.

Have various non-health worries on at the moment, which doesn't help and am terribly run down/tired after months of stress.  Have had quite an isolated summer which makes it way worse - I do find the only thing that 'cures' me is being busy with other people.   

I have ADs but haven't started them yet, going to wait until I am busy and see if I can get through without [didn't like them last time and am frightened of the initial increase in anxiety they will cause].  Have phoned a counsellor as I think long term I need to talk this all out and find some real strategies.  Am on HRT, but to be honest, this is outside of the menopause.  I think once this HA stuff starts, unless you get to it quickly and kill it off, it is like Japanese knotweed - there in the background silently strangling everything healthy.

Good luck.

KAH

« Reply #43 on: September 12, 2017, 12:49:13 PM »

I totally sympathise with you, I'm really struggling today, I just don't feel like I have the head space for this much anxiety as well as normal day to day stuff. I work from home as a baker and my work is beginning to suffer, I just can't concentrate as I'm so fixated on feeling for bodily symptoms whether physically checking or mentally scanning my body to see what hurts. It's the first time in a long time that I could just sit and cry, I quite literally don't know what to do with myself. So although I can't offer any real advice as I'm very new to this meno malarkey, I do just want to give you a gentle hug so you know you are not alone xxx

Yammy1

« Reply #44 on: September 12, 2017, 01:08:44 PM »

It's amazing how many of us are suffering with this anxiety. I woke up this morning feeling really well considering the last few weeks have been a nightmare anxiety wise. got into the car a couple of hours ago to go to the shops and bam, stomach churning, in knots,dizzy with anxiety. It caught me off guard as I felt so well this morning. The only  positive is I kept  going and didn't run back home to cower in a corner which I have done in the past. when will this end it's wearing me out physically and emotionally  :'(, I mean how can you feel fine one minute and for no apparent reason feel a total wreck
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6