Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Blood pressure up  (Read 2432 times)

AHG

Blood pressure up
« on: July 03, 2017, 09:37:25 PM »

Hi
I started having headaches five days ago and our home BP monitor has been showing readings of about 137/89.
My BP was very good about three months ago.
Should I stop taking Elleste Duet conti immediately or wait to see the doctor?
Thanks
A

cubagirl

Re: Blood pressure up
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2017, 10:01:04 PM »

BP can go up & down depending on what you're doing at that time. I was told to take mine for a week, 3 times a day. I noted it down & gave to GP. Mine is occasionally up a bit, in fact it was up a lot one time, but GP said blips happen & it's only if it continues to stay high that you need to take meds. Mine went up day after my ovaries came out, so obviously some hormonal factor there.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2017, 11:33:37 AM »

Do you take it at the same time each day?   Himself took his every morning at 7.30 B4 breakfast for 4 years as he had white coat syndrome.  He then took the results to our GP every 3 months.  Sorted.

Maybe have a word with a Pharmacist who is less likely to freak and tell you to stop!  What relief from symptoms are you getting over-all from the Elleste?

babyjane

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2017, 03:20:56 PM »

This isn't particularly over high but should be kept an eye on.  When I get mine done at the GP it is usually 124/78 but when I travel to the endocrine clinic at the hospital it is usually around 134/84.  The consultant says it is ok especially as at home it is usually lower.

Maybe check it again in a few days and a few days after that then if you are worried you could ask to see your practice nurse.  If she is concerned she will refer it to the doctor.

Taz2

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2017, 07:37:04 PM »

Hi AHG - it's worrying when blood pressure begins to change. Just to say that high blood pressure rarely gives any symptoms and it is extremely unlikely that your headache is due to high blood pressure. It could be, though, that anxiety and stress are giving you headaches which also raises your blood pressure.

Have you had a look at the Blood Pressure site? Some good advice on there and it's helpful to read what exactly is high blood pressure. http://www.bloodpressureuk.org/BloodPressureandyou/Thebasics/Whatishigh

Taz x