Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Sphincter repair and vaginal wall repair  (Read 5704 times)

Yammy1

Sphincter repair and vaginal wall repair
« on: May 31, 2017, 02:48:14 PM »

Hi all well had op one week ago, pelvic wall repair and sphincter muscle repair, went well and I'm not doing too bad. I m very tired and in a little pain but it's getting really painful to poo, not sure if I need to be taking laxatives to keep things soft?. Also I'm still bleeding and since I had hysterectomy almost five years ago I must say it's strange, fells like having a period. Just wondering if anyone has same or similar op and any advice, thanks

Annie0710

Re: Sphincter repair and vaginal wall repair
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2017, 03:54:26 PM »

I opted out of the repair when I had my hysterectomy so I can't advise on that

Is there more than one sphincter muscle ? 29 years ago I had my sphincter muscle cut in my bowel as it wasn't working properly.  Anyhow on discharge from hospital they gave me lactulose to help the bowel settle gently

Yammy1

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2017, 04:01:30 PM »

I was given laxative in hospital but got diarrhoea so they decided not to give me prescription coming home, but I think I might need it. I might ring hospital in the morning, not sure if I should still be bleeding

Annie0710

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2017, 05:31:09 PM »

I would ring if I was you just so you know things are as they should be (or not god forbid) x

Salad

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2017, 10:56:20 PM »

I would take some lactulose- it's a stool softener so won't do any harm.
 :foryou:

Yammy1

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2017, 06:08:45 AM »

12 days post op and I'm doing ok, things seem to be settling. My only concern is that I'm still bleeding, not lots, just like a very light period, not sure if this is normal. Also not sure if I have an infection, sorry if too much information but down below there's an unpleasant smell, it doesn't hurt or sting to go to the bathroom so not sure if this is from the bleeding or something else, just wondering if anyone out there has had similar experience

Jenna

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2017, 06:16:54 AM »

Hi Yammy - I think you should see your GP as soon as possible just in case you do have infection. Much better to have it checked.

Yammy1

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2017, 06:23:01 AM »

Yeah I'll make n apt, for tomorrow morning

Jenna

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2017, 06:36:34 AM »

Pleased to hear that Yammy - let us know how you get on, won't you!

Yammy1

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2017, 08:15:23 AM »

Will do.  hopefully its nothig, but better to be safe than sorry I'm not due back to the hospital for another 5 weeks, way to long to wait. I know your health is your wealth but I hate paying doc unless I know I really need to

Jenna

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2017, 08:24:21 AM »

I understand Yammy - I just think that it could be an infection (hence the smell) and better to deal with it as soon as possible.

Taz2

« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2017, 09:53:20 AM »

If it's smelly then you do need to see a doctor Yammy1. I had an infection following my hyster and vaginal repair. I take it the bleeding is from the vaginal wall repair and not the sphincter repair?

Taz x

Annie0710

« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2017, 11:58:28 AM »

Definitely get it seen to.  I was smelly down there after a laporoscopy and it turned out theatre staff had left a swab inside me ! No pain/ soreness just a horrible stench for 2 weeks !

Yammy1

« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2017, 12:46:27 PM »

Thank you all defineatly going to doc in the morning, if she has no appointments I will leave a urine sample with her , I think she will be able to tell from that?

Taz2

« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2017, 12:54:21 PM »

If you have an infection in your stitches Yammy then she will need to examine you and also take a swab to identify the bug. A urine sample wont show infection in your operation wound.

Taz x
Pages: [1] 2