Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Choking on nothing  (Read 7096 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Choking on nothing
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2017, 10:07:38 PM »

Exactly!  Himself can have a piece of food press on a tonsil and off he goes: bouts of sneezing followed by a cough!  Or he can breath in and away he goes ............

Recently I've had trouble swallowing dry foods  :-\ .......

........ and now I'm making more saliva and swallowing a lot - bit like if another person yawns  ::)
« Last Edit: April 17, 2017, 10:10:34 PM by CLKD »

Elizabethrose

« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2017, 10:37:13 PM »

I'll check that out Sparkle. The med is triamcinolone which is called Nasacort nasal spray: it comes in a nasal spray formulae, 2 x sniffs in each nostril daily. One of my brothers takes it daily too. He suffers with constant post-nasal drip as menomale suggested. This improves it dramatically. Both of us suffer from allergic rhinitis and we've both found this to be the only thing that works for us. I can actually peel potatoes now without an allergic reaction!!

I don't have serious allergies (though cats are a killer for me!!) which would force me to identify and eliminate them from my diet or life but I know I react to a lot. I haven't noticed a reaction to apples though if I'm honest I don't want to have to start eliminating stuff so tend to ignore it. For some poor souls their reactions are so serious they can't ignore it.

I don't know whether I am eating too quickly or doing some sort of weird inhaling of the food when eating it but it does seem odd that it's always the same three food stuffs, chilli, pepper and vinegar. I don't think it's my allergies that are causing it though countrybumpkin.

Elizabethrose

« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2017, 11:11:31 PM »

I really will check that out, thanks. Sadly my daughter too is very much more reactive than I was at that age, she has to carry powerful antihistamines just in case and should carry an epipen too but doesn't!! She is aware and checks food stuffs out before trying anything but it does worry me. Interestingly, she started developing her allergies late teens when I developed my cat allergy. Hormones? xx

Pages: 1 [2]