Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Bloating  (Read 13606 times)

Evelyn63

Re: Bloating
« Reply #45 on: April 22, 2017, 08:43:03 PM »

Hee hee ER- go on tell all..
Nothing is sacred on here! X

You are right, there !  Thanks goodness for anonymity .

Elizabethrose

« Reply #46 on: April 22, 2017, 08:48:58 PM »

I should say Evelyn: still can't stop laughing at the line...'Excuse me sir, I believe your wife has been rather unwell" ' haha, just brilliant! x

Michelemabelle, if I post that story I might as well post my photo on here. It turned into other peoples dinner party stories, I kid you not! My husband still laughs out loud when he thinks about it.  ;D

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #47 on: April 22, 2017, 11:06:16 PM »

Sorry late to this - it didn't show as 'unread'  >:(

When I was suicidal with IBS a few years ago my GP prescribed:

Colpermin capsules and Motillium to be swallowed prior to each main meal, taken within the hour of eating.  I had to take 3 of the latter each time otherwise there was no effect.  After 5-6 years I changed to Actimel pots several times a day which worked well, I no longer needed the above medication.

Now when I get slow transit I re-start the latter.  I find that although I LOVE broccoli it makes me have awful wind pains about 5 hours after eating it  :-\.  I have given up on cauliflower which makes me have intense pains, really not worth it.  Peas are no problem, hopefully beans won't be as we are growing a lot this year  ;D.

Exercise helps ease my bowels, sometimes it's slow to 'go' in the morning but about 2 hours later I need to dash  :sigh:

Mbrown001

« Reply #48 on: June 21, 2017, 09:36:42 PM »

My bloating has just got so much worse over the past few days and has been so uncomfortable.
I feel as if my stomach is on a go slow.
Of course I've googled and seen all the worse case scenarios. Like an inability to digest food properly.
Can't remember what it was called.

I found a couple of Motillium tablets so I've taken one of those but I really need to find a solution for this.
By the time I waken up in the morning my tummy will be back to a normal size.
I don't feel unwell, I don't feel sick, my appetite is fine.....just this huge uncomfortable tummy.

Has anyone tried a digestive enzyme that worked well for this kind of thing.

Mrs Brown

Katia

« Reply #49 on: July 02, 2017, 07:48:32 AM »

The consultant I saw said there are a lot of studies out showing fennel to be effective for this. I was going to get some capsules, but I haven't yet as I know mine is coming from the Utrogestan

babyjane

« Reply #50 on: July 02, 2017, 09:08:33 AM »

I love the Pukka Refresh tea which contains peppermint, fennel and rose.  If I have one late evening I find my tummy is a lot better the next morning but my IBS is having a party at the moment after being clear of it for over 3 years.  don't know what triggered it but I am going to talk to the doc about it this week.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #51 on: July 02, 2017, 01:18:56 PM »

Maybe having been away from home BJ? 

I read about fennel in a magazine last night, we grow bronze which probably needs moving from the place I set it 20 years ago, it doesn't come out particularly well and has never spread.

So far today my belly isn't growing larger  :o

babyjane

« Reply #52 on: July 02, 2017, 01:25:59 PM »

doubt it, it started 3 weeks before we went away, unless there was an underlying anxiety about going away of course  :-\

Mbrown001

« Reply #53 on: July 02, 2017, 07:57:59 PM »

Anxiety and IBS for me goes hand in hand.

I think for a lot of us there is a trigger point. For some it's a tummy bug....for me it was a terrible neighbour who made my life a misery. Many years on and a house move later I'm still suffering.

I'm trialling a ...new for me....but old fashion medicine. Too soon to report back as yet but if it proves helpful I will pass my finding on.

Mrs Brown.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]