Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Anxiety  (Read 2017 times)

Anjia

Anxiety
« on: April 04, 2017, 08:28:33 AM »

Can anyone help with this why is it that if I have  busy day like I did yesterday I went for a very long walk,did my mums housework and a million other things! make my anxiety sky high at night I woke up in the night with a pounding heart and feeling wretched do any of you find exercise or doing to much makes anxiety worse.

dazned

Re: Anxiety
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2017, 09:14:49 AM »

Probably it causes surges of adrenaline. You've been busy all day which one would expect high adrenaline,then at night time cortisol the precursor of adrenaline is at its highest early hours of the morning but it has nothing to work on so you are left with all this adrenaline whizzing round your body with nowhere to go.

Anjia

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2017, 02:18:45 PM »

Yes I was thinking that is what could be just dont no what to do about it I feel so tired and worn out today.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2017, 03:23:39 PM »

Low blood sugar can cause anxiety surges.  If you didn't eat and keep hydrated but did more exercise, either physically or when chatting, it can burn off energy which you didn't replace.

AWFUL ain't it  :-\ ........

countrybumpkin

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2017, 08:09:18 PM »

I find that if I have a very busy day then I am buzzing at night no matter how exhausted I am. I find it helps to have at least 2 hrs before bed of doing nothing other than maybe reading a book to calm my mind down.