Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Pain below ribs  (Read 10628 times)

countrybumpkin

Re: Pain below ribs
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2017, 10:40:02 AM »

Well my Dr is very thorough!  She was happy with my blood results and said very few patients have perfectly normal range of results in the blood tests. She reassured me about my slightly evelated esr result as well.

But because I still have the pain she thinks two things are going on - spinal and something else so I have to have chest x ray to rule out anything lung/chest wise. She also wants an abdominal ultrasound specifically pancreas ( my blood test was normal) and because I have haitus hernia and I am getting pain when I eat she wants a gastroscopy to check my stomach/duodenum to make sure I don't have ulcer. Phew.

Neither of these tests are urgent because my bloods are all normal so would expect to wait about 3 weeks for ultrasound but no idea how long for gastroscopy.

I last had gastroscopy 8 years ago ( have had 3) and I hate them, I always ask for sedation but I have such bad white coat syndrome if my bp is taken. GP told me to take a record of my previous weeks reading on the day and only let them take it once.

Ju Ju

« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2017, 11:00:59 AM »

What a great doctor you have. Here's hoping they get to the bottom of things or it settles on its own.

breeze

« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2017, 11:41:04 AM »

Wow, that's an MOT and a half.
Hope the test results have put your mind at rest. Sounds like the residual pain could be muscular skeletal.
Fingers crossed. :)

countrybumpkin

« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2017, 02:22:37 PM »

Well I may be off to hospital this afternoon, waiting to see GP as the pain got alot worse overnight and everytime i eat or drink anything as it lands the pain is awful then it eases off somewhat.  Just what i don't want as I am totally phobic of hospitlas.
At least my boob is okay today!

countrybumpkin

« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2017, 03:01:39 PM »

Phew I don't have to go to hospital. The GP said that it sounds very much like stomach and I have already been referrred under the 2 week rule for a gastroscopy.

He said as I am not vomiting or even feeling sick ( if anything I am getting hungry with very noisy rumbles!) and my bowels are working I do not need to go to hospital.  He said if i vomit or my bowels stop or slow down alot then panic.  I am already taking ranitidine for hiatus hernia and I haven't been able to take omeprazole type drugs due to side effects but Gp is doing presc for a new one to try in hope it helps.

He said I could have bad gastritis ( inflammation of stomach lining) hence the new drug and at least the gastropscopy will be done sooner.

countrybumpkin

« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2017, 04:43:54 PM »

thanks sparkle. Can I ask exactly where you got your pain. Mine is sort of level or just below where your left rib come up to the v shape at the front.  Lots of kicking and popping in that area as well as the sudden sharp spasms going through into my back.

countrybumpkin

« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2017, 02:52:13 PM »

Update. I have had a clear chest x ray. My gastroscopy is booked for 4th may.
I am having mri of abdomen/pancreas in next 10-14 days and ultrasound in 4 weeks.
REally looking forward to that lot.
I am having better days and worse days with pain, still going towards gastric problem as on the bad days I have loads of wind and gurgling and popping noises/sensations.
I just hope they don't want a colonscopy as well :o Having had one 10 years ago its not something to rush back for!

KAH

« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2018, 09:28:22 PM »

Update. I have had a clear chest x ray. My gastroscopy is booked for 4th may.
I am having mri of abdomen/pancreas in next 10-14 days and ultrasound in 4 weeks.
REally looking forward to that lot.
I am having better days and worse days with pain, still going towards gastric problem as on the bad days I have loads of wind and gurgling and popping noises/sensations.
I just hope they don't want a colonscopy as well :o Having had one 10 years ago its not something to rush back for!

Hi, I realise this is an old post but I'm in a similar position with lots of pain under left ribs and back, just wondered if you found out what was causing it in the end?? Thanks x

jaycee

« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2018, 10:33:31 PM »

Me too, but i have shingles and dont know if its connected, but i think its a bowel thing, might be constipated, had some gurgles in my side,also worse after eating

Shadyglade

« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2018, 11:36:43 AM »

Urinary tract/kidney infections often first present as stomach problems.  When I first went to the doc with my kidney infection (as an emergency) I already had an appointment booked for recurrent running tum and pain.  It's all connected.   
Pages: 1 [2]