Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Hello  (Read 933 times)

Adnival

Hello
« on: February 15, 2017, 09:36:30 PM »

Hi everyone. When I was 36 I had a hysterectomy and my ovaries removed.(such a relief TBH as I suffered with very heavy periods and pain)  I was on hrt femseven for 15 years and I've been off it now for 3 years. The hot flushes and not getting enough sleep is the worst thing for me. I wonder sometimes how I cope with so little sleep. I suppose what stands for me is that I've always been a poor sleeper  :( I reckon I get about 4-5 hours sleep a night. I've a twin sister and she doesn't get as many hot flushes ad me...maybe that's because I've never married or had children??.
Anyway I'm enjoying reading all ur posts (sorry if that sounds terrible) and relating to some of the problems some of u ladies are having. .  ::)

ancient runner

Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2017, 09:54:50 PM »

Hello Adnival! Nice to meet you!
Your hot flushes and lack of sleep sound grim. Not an expert but I'd guess the difference between your symptoms and your twin's is that you've got no oestrogen at all (no ovaries) whereas she might have just a bit to keep her going. Even more not of an expert on this but there are some lovely people on here who also had early hysterectomies or ovarian failure and I'm sure someone will be along soon on that.
If you're really suffering, you could go back on the HRT?
Anyway, you'll find lots of companionship here. At least we all know what you're talking about.

Hurdity

Re: Hello
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2017, 07:42:46 PM »

Hi Adnival

:welcomemm:

I agree with ancient runner - why suffer? Unless you have been advised to stop oestrogen for medical reasons then you should be able to carry on taking it for years yet - as you are only 51. Many of us were still having regular periods for several years after this age! The advice is that the benefits of HRT outweigh the risks until approx age 60 and are then equal from 60-70. In addition as you don't have to take progestogen it makes things so much easier as this is usually the most problematic part of HRT for many women, and also has been implicated in slightly increased breast cancer risk, according to some trials.

Please go back on it if you can - you really don't have to suffer and lack of sleep is so debilitating! Your bones will also benefit from the extra years of protection if you use oestrogen for longer.

Hurdity x