Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: does anyone take progesterone vaginally and why?  (Read 509 times)

RosieRay

does anyone take progesterone vaginally and why?
« on: October 05, 2023, 09:32:52 AM »

I have increased my dose of utrogestan to 200. I am peri and having continuous periods so that is what we have decided to try. I can't do a sequential regime because of migraines.

I spoke about taking it vaginally and the GP said there is no benefit and I wondered if anyone does and why.

Penguin

Re: does anyone take progesterone vaginally and why?
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2023, 09:34:56 AM »

For me it avoids digestive issues such as reflux. I can't take medication on an empty tummy like you have to with utrogestan, so vaginally is a better option for me.

Mary G

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2023, 11:42:47 AM »

There is a definite benefit from taking Utrogestan vaginally and that is avoiding the digestive system and more of it reaching the womb where it is needed.

You can get away with a lower dose if you use it vaginally because it is more effective.

Emma74

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2023, 10:53:57 AM »

I take it vaginally as I panic if I have to take any medication orally, I have not had any problems. It can feel a bit messy when you first start and you can get a discharge but this is just the capsule remnants removing itself and you will only notice it if you look down the loo when flushing. It only takes about 15 mins to be absorbed so no lying with legs in the air for an  hour!