Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Should I have had a hystroscopy ?  (Read 2690 times)

NJJ

Should I have had a hystroscopy ?
« on: January 11, 2017, 09:16:09 AM »

I have had the results from vaginal scan and pep test after post meno bleed after 4yrs.Uterus measures 4mm and pep came back all clear. My gynae said I do not need a hystroscopy. The scan picked up a bladder infection as I have a on going UTI .
Do you think I should also have a hystroscopy as well or accept I bled due to the UTI?
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 09:25:38 AM by NJJ »

Dancinggirl

Re: Should I have had a hystroscopy ?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2017, 10:44:12 AM »

If they didn't feel a hystroscopy was necessary, then I wouldn't ask for this - it's not going to show up anything they don't already know - these days scans are very good. It you were bleeding from the urethra and infection was present then appropriate ABs should clear this up and ongoing preventative measures (I think we have already given you ti p on this)should be maintained to help keep infections at bay. I'm afraid that once atrophy gets underway, then it can take time for things to settle once local oestrogen and moisturisers are used regularly.
Try not to worry.  Dg x

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2017, 04:41:18 PM »

I agree - if you have been told by your gynae you don't need a hysteroscopy then you don't! If your lining was 4 mm then that's great and if they have not noted any abnormalities then no need to look further.

I'm not sure what a pep test is though? The other thing that sometimes causes bleeding is due to problems with the cervix and you could have a smear test - someone has just mentioned this on another thread, so this is something perhaps to mention - but maybe you had a smear recently?

Hurdity x

Scampi

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2017, 08:11:47 AM »

Maybe NJJ means a 'pap' test - which is a smear.

NJJ

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2017, 09:01:58 AM »

Thanks Scampi

That is what I meant a pap test (it's my phone it alters all my type)
Thanks for your answers feel a bit more reassured.

Scampi

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2017, 12:18:22 PM »

Thought that might be the case, NJJ - autocorrect is a pain sometimes!  :)

Lesley Joy

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2017, 02:20:04 AM »

Hi NJJ,

Did your gynae say what had caused your postmenopausal bleed? Am interested as I'm going through the same thing, have my pap smear and vaginal scan on Tues? x