Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Article on Bio Identicals  (Read 6567 times)

Emma

• Administrator
Article on Bio Identicals
« on: January 04, 2017, 01:32:00 PM »

From the Winter 2016 issue of the Menopause Matters Magazine, an article on  Bio Identicals
http://www.menopausematters.co.uk/pdf/article Bio identicals 2017.pdf

Hurdity

Re: Article on Bio Identicals
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2017, 08:56:36 PM »

That's really helpful - thanks for drawing this to our attention Emma :)

Dana

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2017, 03:29:58 AM »

Use of the term “bioidenticals” is in itself confusing and misleading and better would be to adopt the terms - government approved or non-government approved hormone therapy.

This is pretty much what I've been banging on about for a long time. There is too much confusion with the term “bioidentical”. However, using the term “government approved” still doesn't solve the problem because equine estrogen is also “government approved”. Even saying “government approved bioidentical” doesn't solve it because advocates of compounded hormones give so much misleading information that anyone reading their crap could be mislead into believing it is government approved and regulated. It's also just more words that people don't understand anyway. I'm not sure what the answer is, but I do know the term “bioidentical” really needs to be avoided as much as possible.

Sleeplessinyorkshire

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2017, 02:25:59 PM »

Thanks, really helpful. I had been wondering about bio identical. To the layman the term itself sounds like it must be a good thing, glad to know the difference